Search results

1. cosmic

WTB: Rear axle beam for 2001 Jetta

I got rear ended a few months back. The car got totaled by his insurance, and I repaired it. Got all the body work done, and found that I could not get it aligned. Seems the rear axle beam is bent. So, I'm looking for a rear axle beam that will fit my car. One place asked if I needed/had an...
  2. cosmic

Cluster LCD Problems

I drove into work this AM and everything was normal (as best as I recall, and I am SURE I would have noticed this in the AM if it were going on) When I came back out to my car in the evening, my cluster looked like this: Here is a look at each side: It looks to me like the LCDs are...
  3. cosmic

Biodiesel btw Chicago IL and Louisville KY

Hiya, I am traveling back home tomorrow from Chicago towards Louisville KY. I am wondering if there are any good biodiesel retailers on I65 or nearby that would be open on Sunday. I would ideally like to purchase B100, but will take what I can get. It seems from the retailer locator on...
  4. cosmic

16" VW rims FS - SOLD

16\" VW rims FS - SOLD I have had these in my garage for a while, and they need to go. I am sure someone out there can put them to good use. Up for sale are (4) 16" "Beetle" (they came standard on some beetle's but will work and look good on any modern VW) They have goodyear rubber on them...
  5. cosmic

Nationwide diesel fuel sulfur restictions eased

From http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050831/oil_reserve_hk3.html?.v=9 AP Bush Releases Oil From Petroleum Reserve Wednesday August 31, 3:25 pm ET By Tom Raum, Associated Press Writer Bush Releases Oil From Petroleum Stockpile to Help Storm-Battered Gulf Coast Refiners WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Bush...
  6. cosmic

Biodiesel I75 between Central KY and S. MI

Wondering if there are any vendors of B100 between Lexington, KY and Detroit, along I75. I am more than willing to go a bit out of the way for quality fuel. I have previously stopped at the Amoco in Ada MI (Rt. 23 just south of Dundee) for B20. I was wondering what else might be out there...
  7. cosmic

Biodiesel availability in Central KY

Hey folks, I have been conversing via email with Sharon Lanham from Waddy Oil and have heard some wonderful news. Waddy Oil (located in Waddy KY, just west of Frnakfort) is offering biodiesel in the area. I am still garnering details, but I do know that the Citgo in Midway has been converted...
  8. cosmic

Jetta throws two codes, 17911 and 17965

My Jetta threw two codes last night: 2 Faults Found: 17911 - Load Signal from Alternator Term. DF: Implausible Signal P1503 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent I got the CEL while driving on the...
  9. cosmic

Timing Belt Roller Gunk... Problem??? *DELETED*

Post deleted by cosmic
  10. cosmic

TSBs

Hey all, There was a thread stating that people were looking for some info on TSBs. There used to be a website that had all the old TSB info available. It reportedly got taken down for some reason. Anyways, in that thread I mentioned that I had backed up the said website and had the...
  11. cosmic

Wheels 4 sale 15" Avus, 16" Beetle, 17" Long Beach

Wheels 4 sale 15\" Avus, 16\" Beetle, 17\" Long Beach Hello all, I need to get some things out of the garage so these wheels seemed to be prime targets. All wheels are used and have some amount of wear and tear. None of the wheels have been wrecked or are bent. <font...
  12. cosmic

Rear brake pad and rotor replacement

Hello all... I am going to be replacing my rear pads and rotors tonight! I got my parts in from impex (Balo Rotors ($40/pair) and Mintex pads) and have heard the awful grinding for too long. (about a week) I also have a Metalnerd brake reset tool to windback the pistons I have not really...
  13. cosmic

Motive brake fluid change (caution 3MB of pics)

Hello all, I finally got around to doing my brake fluid change this weekend. All in all, the job was pretty easy. Removing the wheels and getting the jetta up on jack stands took a good portion of my time. I understand that this may not be necessary, but I wanted to poke around and inspect...
  14. cosmic

Fueling and Fuel Cap!

I went on my regular little journey to the semi local Flying J to refuel. I go there because it is on the highway and many a trucker goes there so at least the fuel is fresh. Here in KY, there are no cetane numbers on pumps, no Amoco, no Koch, or any rated fuels. So, I go for the freshest...
  15. cosmic

Oil Analysis - First analysis for '01 Jetta

Oil Analysis - First analysis for \'01 Jetta Hey everyone, I just got back my first analysis on my 2001 Jetta GLS. The Jetta had 28808 miles on it at the time of sampling. At this time, I changed out the last of the dealer oil (which was installed at about 22000 miles). I installed Delvac 1...
  16. cosmic

Delvac in KY

For those interested, Mobil Delvac 1 is available in Lexington KY from Key Oil Distributors, (859) 233-3883 , for $82 for a 4 gallon case.
  17. cosmic

AC Temperature spec?

Does anyone know what the factory spec is on AC Temperature for a '01 Jetta? What I mean by this is, what temperature should the AC blow out when set on its coldest setting. Mine doesn't seem as cold as a new car should be. Of course, it might just be these smarmy summer days! If it is...
  18. cosmic

Repairing a paint chip

I have acquired a fine pinhead size chip in my hood. (Thanks I75) it goes down to the base metal. I went to the dealer and got the Touch-up Set for the Silver Arrow (Jetta) paint. ( part no. LST-OM2-G9R ) It comes with both the base paint and a clearcoat. I was wondering what the best way to...
  19. cosmic

Torque Wrenches

I am going to have to buy a torque wrench soon, and was wondering what you all thought about the kind to buy. At the local shops (Lowe's, Sears, etc.) I have seen several. They vary in torque ranges from 10-100 to 25-250, and maybe some others. What is the best range to have? Are the...
  20. cosmic

Hitch for 2001 jetta

Hey all. I finally ordered a hitch today for my Jetta. There seems to be several people interested in getting hitched so I thought I would detail my experiences. After consulting every thread I could find here on the forum regarding hitches, I discovered a few things. There are several...