Search results

1. S

MAF readings

Car info: 2003 Jetta Wgn 5-Sp manual Question: I would like to check the MAF readings on this TDI . Can anyone tell me what VCDS settings to use to obtain this reading . Thank you
  2. S

VAG-Tacho Help Request

I have a friend that is in need of correcting the mileage on his replacement cluster (2002 Golf TDI) . Is anyone in Maine who can help ? He has had the immobilizer deleted car is running well... He just needs to hook up with someone in our area who has VAG-Tacho
  3. S

Vag-Tacho Help Request

I have a friend that is in need of correcting the mileage on his replacement cluster (2002 Golf TDI) . Is anyone in Maine who can help ? He has had the immobilizer deleted car is running well... He just needs to hook up with someone in our area who has VAG-Tacho
  4. S

This ...???

This image puts me at a loss for words ..."][/URL] < ...Click to enlarge
  5. S

MK-4 Getta Whats it worth?

Your opinion matters... I have a friend that owns a 2002 Jetta GL TDI manual trans: Here is a list of its problems: A) There is no 3rd, 4th or 5 th gears (1st & 2nd is all that it has) B) The entire frame has significant corrosion issues C) The paint is in poor condition D) No key set...
  6. S

F/S: MK-4 15" steel wheel

F/S: MK-4 15" steel wheel w/ tire in nice condition. The wheel has very little corrosion. $15 and its yours :D
  7. S

F/S: 15" MK-4 Alloy wheel

I have a 15" MK-4 OEM Alloy wheel in "VG" condition. 25$ and its yours
  8. S

FS: NB seats

I have a pair of NB front seats in good condition (Black Cloth). $35 for the pair (I need them gone)
  9. S

F/S: 2001 Jetta Owners Manual

As the title says... This manual is complete and in good condition including all of the sub-set booklets. $25.00 + shipping
  10. S

WTB: MK-4 ALH Eng. Accry. bracket "Euro Style"

WTB: MK-4 ALH Eng. Accry. bracket "Euro Style" I'm looking to delete the A/C compressor on an ALH. In europe they have a different accry bracket ... That's what I'm looking for. A P/N , or a vendor would be a helpful starting point. TIA Dawg
  11. S

MK-3 or Mk-4

I would like to know about the 1999 Golf. I know about the year / model split in the latter half of 1999. My question is: Did the 1999 Golf TDI have the AHU or the ALH engine or did the 1999 came with only the ALH ? TIA Dawg
  12. S

ATE brake pads

I wanted to try ceramic brake pads. My vendor sent me a set of "House Brand" Mk-4 brake pads. My question is they were clearly marked as "ATE" brand pads in a vendor specific box. The price "split" between this "House Brand" and ATE (which is a VW foundry) mfg for VW branded parts. Could...
  13. S

VCDS HEX-Com question

I just picked up a VCDS HEX-COM cable https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/images/hex-com.jpg I would like to know what USB adapter to buy ? Has anyone got a clue ?
  14. S

Is this R32 bumper cover legal in the US

I've had an icy fender bender and I need to replace my bumper cover. I like the look of the R-32 bumper cover without the sidemarkers. My question is. Is this legal in the US ...
  15. S

Help me Mr. Wizard !

Car info: 2002 Jetta 5sp manual Symptoms: Engine idles very ROUGH. Driveability is poor as is acceleration. The engine smokes excessively at idle and under light to moderate acceleration. I had no DTC's while driving ! Observations: I checked the injection timing and it is within the specified...
  16. S

TDI Motorcycle

I'm sure that this topic has been beaten to near death. But I'm on a quest ! :eek: I seen this BMW K100 with a VW Lupo 1.4 TDI and I was aghast with envy. .....>Click to enlarge * Here is another angle. "][/URL] .....>Click to enlarge The bike looks like it left the factory with this engine ...
  17. S

K-4 Tranny swap Coding "Help Request"

MK-4 Tranny swap Coding "Help Request" I need some "On-Point" information. A friend bought a 2002 Golf that had the 01M swap done some time ago. He still gets transmission DTC codes such as seen for solenoids etc. The information I need is the "on-point" instructions on how to recode this...
  18. S

This is an awesome site !

There are not many web sites that offer the amount helpful diagnostic tips and instruction as this place. The past few days I had a pesky fault code with my ABS pump. I dreaded even contemplating the idea of addressing a "used" ABS unit versus the expense of a rebuilt assembly from a...
  19. S

WTB: MK-4 Jetta Wgn rear Bumper cover

I'm looking for a rear bumper cover for a MK-4 Jetta Wgn (Dk Blue) If you're in the New Englan area let me know what you have.
  20. S

Black / White Check Valve (046-905-291-A)

I am having a boot problem. I started my diagnosis by reading the thread histories here on the forums. I found a few vacuum hoses worn and frayed so I replaced all of them. I also discovered the Black / White check valve to be dead so that was replaced too. I did verify that the new check valve...