Search results

1. J

Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

hell im in terre haute and i would love to join that is after i get my tranny fixed lol i tell you tdi's are like women they require alot of time and patience lol
  2. J

Indiana People

im down for a gtg im in terre haute just let me no when
  3. J

Tonight my TDI died...

on mine the intercooler was full of metal and oil and i cleaned it very good and have had no problems with the engine since then atleast
  4. J

Tonight my TDI died...

my intake was cloged on mine and i fixed that and my car ranaway and befor i got it shut off my rpms were around 6000 and blew the turbo in two. i replaced the turbo and it has been fine since so good luck it should be fine
  5. J

front springs

i have a 2003 jetta 5 speed and when i park it and the front bumper goes over a curb. when i back out the ends of my bumper pop off is there an easy way to lift the front 1/2 inch to an inch? or do i need to get springs?
  6. J

5 speed rebuild questions

thanks its doesnt seem to difficult at all just a lot of steps to follow what is the best lsd to install?
  7. J

im taking the tranny out this weekend and im wondering if i should be looking for anything that might cause me futur problems and what is a decent clutch i should put in it?
  8. J

yeah its tranny fluid the clutch is slipping so something bad happened and i do burnouts all the time but stop if it wheel hops how much is the lsd?
  9. J

i keep hearing about the lsd and i dont no what it is?
  10. J

where is a good place to buy the parts to rebuild it. i found a master rebuild kit on ebay for 700 but i dont no if its any good
  11. J

i have a 2003 jetta tdi 5 speed and i been having tranny problems and they quit and now the rubber plug on top of the tranny is dumpig out tranny fluit so im guessing the seal on the input shaft is bad so im gonna rebuild it. when i do this are there any upgrades i can do to make the tranny...
  12. J

tranny problems

im pretty good with my hands lol when or if i do rebuild my trans what would be a good upgrade to make it stronger?
  13. J

tranny problems

i just drove my car around town and it did fine and i was almost back and i was coasting and something started to grab and it was not the clutch cuz i checked that im so lost and i cant find any one that nos two ****s bout vw jetta trannys
  14. J

tranny problems

car has had no problems clutch feels good no slipping feels like something is binding in the tranny when it did it i jucked the car up and put it in neutral also and spun the tire and it was hard to turn
  15. J

tranny problems

i got mine outta gear now and i drove it a mile and it did fine with no noises did yours make any sounds?
  16. J

tranny problems

if the linkage is out of adjustment could it not go all the way into a gear or make it do weird things? i thought if it was that it would be a gradual problem
  17. J

how much tourque/power can the stock gearbox/diff handle

dont mean to change the subject but what is the lsd?
  18. J

Tell me why the transmisions aren't good

i bought mine with a savlged title its a 2003 jetta tdi 5 speed and it had 118 thousand on it and it had hit a deer and caved the roof in around the sun roof and i payed 3500 for it and all i have done sofar was clean the intake replase the blown after i fixed the intake and now it has 133 amd...
  19. J

tranny problems

need help please im lost on what i should do
  20. J

tranny problems

hi i have a 2003 jetta tdi with 133 thousand miles and i was pulling in a parking lot and puched the clutch in and something was grabbing and it stoped really fast and i put it in neutral and let the clutch out and it was still in 1st gear and i messed with the shifter under the hood and drove...