Search results

1. C

What Paper Trail at Buyback

What paperwork do you receive at buyback. Is there paperwork that should be copied and given to you to prove you turned in the car? I chose EFT and don't want to walk away with nothing.....
  2. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

My 2012 SEL TDI has no ignition. When I get in the car with my KESSY, I push the start button and nothing happens. No lights on dash, nothing. I've checked all fuses inside the car and under the hood. I put in a new battery in the car and a new battery in the remote. I did a code reset...
  3. C

2012 Passat won't start - Help, please.

I have a 57K mile 2012 Passat SEL that is being bought back by VW. The car has been stored for about a month and started a week ago. Today it started the car and let it run for about 10 minutes. I then shut it down and went in for lunch. When I came back out, nothing at all happened when I...
  4. C

Angry with Volkswagen and Need Help

My 2012 Passat TDI quit running and left me stranded on the freeway. It was towed to my purchasing dealer for repairs. The tech wrote this up after inspection ($64): "Tech observed no fuel pressure at high side fuel pump. Tech inspected and found the supply line near the fuel tank is...
  5. C

Powertrain Only vs Platinum Easy Drive Warranty

I know it's been discussed many times but I'm having trouble justifying the price of a VW Easy Drive Platinum Warranty over the VW Powertrain Warranty. The Platinum Warranty cost about twice as much as the Powertrain Only Warranty and covers more but the things are of concern to most folks on...
  6. C

Problems with reverse

When I park my 2012 Passat in a nose down parking spot I have problems backing out. The transmission is jerky and the car feels like the parking brake is on although it's released. I have to apply a lot of throttle and the car either wants to move fast or not at all. No problem on a flat...
  7. C

Rear Air Vents Not Worth It?

I've closely examined a 2013 SEL and tested the rear air vents. I don't think the change was worth it. The shallow cup holders without a cover are less classy looking and not as functional due to their depth. The rear vents don't blow much air unless you close some of the front vents. The...
  8. C

Best Way to Get RNS-510 3690 Upgrade

I'm getting ready for my 10,000 mile service. I'd like to get my RNS-510 upgraded from 3680 to 3690. What kind of problems should I tell the dealer I'm having so that he will be able do the upgrade under warranty. The unit now is very slow but I don't know if that complaint alone will trigger...
  9. C

Prediction for the 2015 Passat SEL

Most automakers selling to the US market do a major update to their cars after three years in production. The reason for this is that three years is the most common lease period. I think that the 2015 Passat SEL will add HID headlights, LED taillights & DRL's, and electronic parking brake in...