Search results

1. C

What Paper Trail at Buyback

What paperwork do you receive at buyback. Is there paperwork that should be copied and given to you to prove you turned in the car? I chose EFT and don't want to walk away with nothing.....
  2. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

Since the OBD II port does not work, I wonder if this is covered under the California emissions warranty? They'd have to get the car running to fix it.....
  3. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

Yes, tried both but will do again.
  4. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

I was able to get access to a VAG-COM but had no success because the VCDS needs the ignition to turn on before it can work. I had 12V power, but no ignition. Any ideas on how I can get the ignition to come on? Is there a relay that handles the ignition? I checked all the fuses and they...
  5. C

Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

Something is wrong with my start circuit (see http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=469227) for details. I need to be able to hook up a VDCS but because the circuit is dead I'm not able to. Any idea on how to get this working? I'm turning this car in on 12/7 so I have to get it running....
  6. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

I tried to hold down the brake for 30+ seconds but the BCM failed to wake up. Any other suggestion for getting VCDS hooked up?
  7. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

Sounds like that the Body Control Module could be the problem and the first step would be to check the connections to the BCM. Do you know where I should look for the BCM 2012? Thanks a lot for all the help received from the forum. This car is scheduled for return to VW on 12/7 and I've got to...
  8. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

I was told that there is a device in the steering column (near where the key would be on a non-SEL car) that controls the dash electronics, stating, column lock, etc. Does anyone know anything about this part? I was told that there is a device in the steering column that controls the dash...
  9. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

Hadn't thought of that. How should I go about checking it??
  10. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

Okay, I cleaned the start button but unfortunately to no effect...
  11. C

No Ignition. Bad Relay?

My 2012 SEL TDI has no ignition. When I get in the car with my KESSY, I push the start button and nothing happens. No lights on dash, nothing. I've checked all fuses inside the car and under the hood. I put in a new battery in the car and a new battery in the remote. I did a code reset...
  12. C

2012 Passat won't start - Help, please.

Okay, put in a new battery. Still nothing happens when I push the start button. No lights, no sounds, nothing. Is there somehting that needs to be reset?
  13. C

5 gallons of fuel pushing very hard on brake pedal. Dash does not light up like it used to before pushing brake pedal.
  14. C

Car also will not start using remote start. Doors lock okay and remote shows remote start signal sent but nothing happens....
  15. C

I have a 57K mile 2012 Passat SEL that is being bought back by VW. The car has been stored for about a month and started a week ago. Today it started the car and let it run for about 10 minutes. I then shut it down and went in for lunch. When I came back out, nothing at all happened when I...
  16. C

Switching tires anyone?

I took the Hankooks off my 2012 SEL TDI and put on Michelins when I bought it in 2012. I put the OEM tires behind the garage and forgot about them. I recently needed new tires (55k miles), and my wife reminded me about the OEM tires. Had them put on at a VW dealer using the $500 good will card...
  17. C

Angry with Volkswagen and Need Help

Can't really agree. The fuel line connector was simple put back together and is like new. The $64 I paid or an inspection should have been enough to cover this repair. The area where the connection came apart was out in the open near the fuel tank where the return line goes forward under the...
  18. C

Turns out it was an inline connector that simply came apart. It simply was put back together after some more slack was pulled out of the line. The tech must have seen that this is all it was even through they told me that the line was elongated and there was a hole in it. This dealer has lost...
  19. C

Now I hope this didn't hurt my HPFP. They probably won't warranty it either.....