Search results

1. D

06 vs 09

Yup DEZ
  2. D

VW 6speed gearbox

WOW This is one OLD thread. Those were the days...
  3. D

Official US TDI prices/options

Lokey vs Reeves After the very amusing post about Lokey VW in Tampa, I just have to say they're in a field of their own. Reeve's VW, also in Tampa, is selling for MSRP plus 289.00 Dealer Fee. I placed my order with Shaun in the Internet Sales Department. Regards, DEZ
  4. D

What did you do to your car today?

Sold I sold it. The buyer and I agreed on price and delivery in October when my recently ordered replacement becomes available. Regards, DEZ
  5. D

Tried to order '09, conflicting info from dealer

Try to order somewhere else "Tried to order '09, conflicting info from dealer" I emailed four VW dealers with specs of my choosing. Talked with all four on the phone, then went to the one with the best price and best replies to my answers. Ordered the car as I chose. I think it's time to...
  6. D

If you ordered your 2009, list here

Sedan in Reflex Silver, Art Gray interior, manual shift, Avignon 17" wheels and complimentary mud flaps. MSRP plus 389 admin. Original edition is a 2000 GLS in Reflex Silver, black leather interior, manual transmission, sun roof, 16" wheels, and CD changer in the trunk. Has 79K miles and...
  7. D

Ordered my '09 today ?interesting info on white

Congratulations on your purchase. Today I ordered a 2009 also. Reflex Silver with the Art Gray interior and a manual transmission. My only options are a set of 17" Avignon wheels and four mud flaps. (The mudflaps are complimentary) This will be my second TDI. The original edition is a...
  8. D

Towing TDI with Motorhome?

email me offline for more info on this subject.
  9. D

Need Side Markers

The side markers on my 2000 Jetta have a yellow hue. I'm looking for a good source for clear side markers, and would like to upgrade to a newer style or LED. Any suggestions for a good source?
  10. D

Needed: real-world towing with A4 >1000 miles

My questions are: 1. what should I be aware of: a. oil I used Delvac 1, same as always. b. coolant No problems there for me. c. tires Just made sure they were inflated properly. d. brakes Gave myself extra space to stop, and I was using OEM brake pads. They wore more quickly on the...
  11. D

South Florida Sunshine GTG

[ QUOTE ] Hey dude! Long time since we talked! sounds like she's runnin great. Hows the generator doing? Good to hear all is better with your son.. [/ QUOTE ] The Honda powered Generator is running great. I've received numerous complements on the clean installation. It runs both AC's at...
  12. D

Sorry, I can't make the 20th. I've got to take Evan to the airport in Tampa. I'll miss ya.
  13. D

It's been a while. I've been pursuing another hobby ... Our 1978 Classic GMC Motorhome Edith II . We've put on 14,000 miles in a year, not much for a TDI at 50 MPG, but for a motorhome that gets 9 MPG, it's quite a bit of traveling. This summer we flew out to Arizona for a couple weeks, then...
  14. D

Beauty & Da BEAST!

Re: Beauty & Da BEAST! SP, I emailed you at the university and the mail bounced. Please email me at DavidBW@Bigfoot.com . I'd like to give you an update on what's happening here.
  15. D

Keep me posted on a date and place. I'd like to make a local GTG. Probably bring the GMC motorhome. Might even bring the "Diesel Pusher" on Blue Ox tow bar. I'm in Lakeland.
  16. D

Class Action Notice Received on Window Regulator

I don't quite understand why I should stay in a class action law suit. VW has already extended the warranty to 7 years on the window regulators. Are there any benefits to being part of this litigation?
  17. D

Rave Wheel Wanted

<font color="blue"> I am looking for a single Rave Wheel that is in good condition. Contact me by direct email if you have one to sell. I'm in South-East US. </font>
  18. D

Wife needs a new car. Why not a TDI?

You mean you didn't get her to a dealer yet? Buy new if you can swing it, the warranty helps get any minor problems out of the way. If you go used, get the current design, which would be 1999 1/2 year change, for the Jetta, that's called the A4 design. I also think the Jetta has the...
  19. D

Dealer Says Battery Needs To Be Changed At Dealership

Yes, according to all dealerships it is common knowledge that they have to reset your money to their pockets. PS. When I replaced my battery with the Optima, I did not have to reset the radio code, but I had the code ready just in case.
  20. D

Anyone use "slick 50" or similar??

Slick 50 BAD!!! Synthetic oil GOOD!!! The Slick 50 will clog up your oil filter, and mess up the engine. DON'T USE IT!!! I read that you already put it in your engine. NOT GOOD. Next time try asking your question before doing stuff like this. Too bad for you. The engine with proper oil...