Search results

1. H

2000 ALH waterline leak at thermostat housing

Hello, The injection pump had a seal leak and then a plug leak and it must have destroyed the rubber line behind the accessory bracket. does anyone know if that is an o ring press on line or something different. I’m not even sure if IDParts had that in inventory. Starting my research now thanks...
  2. H

AHU TDI Corrado Air Conditioning

Hello All, I am in the process of building lines and mounting the drier. I have rebuilt the MVAC box with new evaporator and blend doors. I will add new expansion valve when ready. The 98 AHU compressor lines don't exactly fit my build. I have an Eco Jetta airbox and my fuel filter that...
  3. H

AHU Corrado exhaust: 2.5" or 3"??????

Hello all, Wanted to maybe get some input from everyone on this. I am building a TDI Corrado. 98 AHU engine. I am not going for a hypermileage car or SCCA racer but a little doesn't hurt...a good daily driver for a mid forties old guy! Currently it has a 130 hp BEW intake with EGR delete and 2"...
  4. H

AHU exhaust: 2.5" or 3"

Hello all, Wanted to maybe get some input from everyone on this. I am building a TDI Corrado. 98 AHU engine. I am not going for a hypermileage car or SCCA racer but a little doesn't hurt...a good daily driver for a mid forties old guy! Currently it has a 130 hp BEW intake with EGR delete and...
  5. H

98 jetta TDI at pull a part

Hey now, hey now, I have been picking on a 98 AHU at pull a part. Inside is still compete. The car is in good shape. Not sure why it's there. Maybe broke engine. If anything needs something let me know. Already gone: Injection pump Cam Cam cover AC system ECU
  6. H

AJM intake bolt pattern for EGR delete

Hey now, I just picked up a European PD intake for my AHU. I saw some pictures and wanted to try and route my piping to that side. I have an EGR delete pipe on my AHU but the bolt pattern is different. So now I either need to build a flange for this AJM intake or find one. Would anyone know...
  7. H

WTB: 91 Eco Diesel air box or similar

Hey now, I am looking for an air box for a 90 G60 AHU that I can mount on passengers side down to the turbo. I have seen a Eco Diesel box work and looks good. I am hoping the TDi's of that era (MK2?) had a very similar air box... Any leads would be great!
  8. H

FS: MK4 cloth seats

I am trying to swap my cloth seats for power leather. If all goes well I will not need these anymore. The drivers seat has a seem seperated across the cushion. I am going to try to see about uploading some pics. These are out of a 2000 Jetta TDI. Black trim car so the seats are grey.
  9. H

2000 seat swap leather from cloth

Hello all, I just found a great set of leather seats out of a 01 Jetta (gas). They are power seats with heat. I grab the connectors and the heat switches. Now I am starting to read so posts on seat swaps. If anyone has tackeled this and knows a good thread or short cut I would appreciate it...
  10. H

Just added a second TDI to my collection

Hello all, Well, after having a 2000 Jetta for three years I have just bought a 1990 Corrado G60. It has a 98 Jetta AHU drivetrain in it already. Needs some work but it is a great starting point. Not sure what the wife is going to do to me. Safe to say I will be in the garage a lot! Time to get...
  11. H

Just added a second TDI to my collection

Hello all, Just wanted to warn you all a whole new boat load of post's and questions coming. Just bought a 90 G60 Corrado with an AHU. Not even sure where to start. Maybe to finish the passat instrument cluster pin out and wire in the speedo then a passat pedal assembly then the shift box to...
  12. H

109 relay got the wife yesterday

So the one day my wife borrows the car the 109 relay decides it is done working. Perfect. Luckily I noticed the glow plug light wasn't on so I went for the relay. I had a spare in the arm rest. Whew! I sure hope that was the problem. Starter worked fine just no ignition. Started right up with a...
  13. H

looking at a 06 Jetta Automatic....

I am going to inspect a 2006 Jetta TDI Auto car for a good friend this weekend. I have tried to persuade him to a manual but he has made an offer on this one. I have a 2000 so i have a little knowledge on the TDI. The car is also a salvage title. I guess I will be busy checking this one...
  14. H

1.5 cylinder head for sale

Selling a complete 1.5 diesel cylinder head for a friend at work. not sure how much. maybe Best Offer. Details can follow. sorry Thanks for the interest.
  15. H

WTB: MK4 skid plate, lower grills, L window switch, & more

I am needing a few things.... Need: Skid plate (aluminum) Lower grill inserts (l and R) Drivers door window switches (black) Right side marker light 2 center caps (with VW logo) Cup holder for dash (black) Cup holder console (black) more to come... Thanks!!!
  16. H

Oil Leak - Banjo fitting on feed line to turbo???

Hello there, I have a 2000 Jetta with a major oil leak. This is my daily driver for about 40-45 miles a day. Haven't noticed any dirt or grime or oil on the rear bumper, but today when my wife drove away for the store, there was about six different spots of oil on the drive. I called her at...
  17. H

Diesel Purge gets an extra 1 MPG

Just thought I would add my 2 cents on the Diesel Purge. The car is a 2000 Jetta with 198,000 miles. I ran one can through for about 25 minutes. I unfortunately did it half way through a fuel run. I just filled up for the second time with clean injectors. It looks like it was good for an...
  18. H

810 miles on one tank!!!

Well for the first full fuel run, I made 810 miles. Averaged 50.9 MPG. Sure beats the heck out of that 18 MPG Blazer I was driving. I have only had this '00 Jetta for four weeks. It was the first time for the fuel light to come on. I had to go 52 miles to make 800. Ended upgoing 62 miles...