Search results

1. T

FS 2003 Jetta TDI GLS

Hi, I am selling my 2003 Jetta TDI GLS manual 5 speed with 179,000 miles on it. I bought it second hand with about 23,000 miles and since then I have done the maintenance on it at least at the recommended intervals. This past spring I put close to $1000 in new wheels and tires on; last year I...
  2. 2003JettaTDi04

2003JettaTDi04

Pics
  3. 2003JettaTDi03

2003JettaTDi03

Pics
  4. 2003JettaTDi02

2003JettaTDi02

Pics
  5. 2003JettaTDi01

2003JettaTDi01

Pics
  6. T

What did you pay for your TDI???

Got my 2003 Jetta in '05 with 32k miles on it for $16,500. Still under warranty and it was a good thing because the turbo went 1 month later... D
  7. T

May 2008 Mileage tracking

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Driver: Tinker Miles: 804 Gallons: 13.826 Model Year: 2003 Model: Jetta TDI Tranny: 5M Fuel Type: ULSD Mileage: 58.15 2nd 800 mile tank -------------------------------------------------------------------- This years mileage...
  8. Mileage

Mileage

9. T

What is the purpose of a TSB?

This may be a stupid question but I am not sure what a TSB is meant for. Is the purpose of it for mechanics to solve specific problems or, if there is a TSB release, will that issue be resolved by VW at no charge? Thanks, Duane
  10. T

Can't access airbag controller.

The airbag light came on the other day and when I hooked up my VAG-COM it was unable to access the airbag controller. I have a 2003 Jetta and it does not sound like the issues that I found on the VAG-COM website (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vw_issues.html) because I had never tried to...
  11. T

FS - 4 Steel Rims With Haqqa Q's - A3

I have 4 steel rims with Nokian Haqqa Q winter tyres, they fit A3 Jetta (4x100 bolt pattern). The tyres have probably at least 1 season left on them and rims and hubcaps are in ok shape. Any offer will be considered, and if the offer is right I will throw in a set of VW front floor mats and a...
  12. T

Extended warranty worth it???

No idea at all and there was no hassle either. I bought the car used with 34k and VW didn't ask for any service docs or offer any reason why the turbo went. After it was replaced I hooked up my VAG-COM and noticed that the timing is advanced, but I have no idea if that contibuted to the problem...
  13. T

Hello.........new to forum, new to TDI's.

Welcome, just one word of caution, you might have to join FTPA (Fred's TDI Page Anonymous). I didn't see my wife for two weeks after I found this web page and almost lost my job ;) (way too much good info here). Once again welcome.
  14. T

Extended warranty worth it???

Hi all, I am coming close to 50k miles (2003 Jetta GLS TDI) and am considering getting the extended warranty. I have no idea what it costs yet. I have had the turbo replaced at 35k and I wouldn't want to pay for something like that out of my pocket, but other than that it has been very...
  15. new_jetta_03

new_jetta_03

16. T

Monsoon radio

Is there anymore information on this?
  17. T

extended warranty

I would do it ONLY if it is a warranty from VW and not one of the third party (ACME toasters and car insurance company).
  18. T

VAG-COM error, need help

I recently got a check engine light and this is the code: 1 Fault Found: 17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation P1556 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent What could this be? Is there a website that has explanations for these codes? My initial thoughts is the fuel injection sensor. Am I...
  19. T

Need a new TDI. What should I get???

PDLee - The only PD that we have in NA is the 100hp for the 4cly. milehigh - I'm talking about the Jetta wagon. I've found a couple of Jetta wagons one the internet: 2004 - GL or 2003 - GLS w/ traction control The GLS has everthing that I like (e.g. sunroof...) except that it is a 2003 (not...
  20. T

Need a new TDI. What should I get???

Thanks everyone. I don't know why I should even bother considering the golf, I will most likely be getting the wagon. lark- I've just been searching on the internet. The best selection seems to be at Fiore VW in RI, not sure about their reliability though (no experience with them). Any input...