Search results

1. T

FS: Silver 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, 5spd, 115k, SoCal

FS: Silver 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, 5spd, 118k mi, SoCal sold. thanks for your interest.
  2. T

FS: Silver 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, 5spd, great shape

sold. thanks for your interest.
  3. T

VOLKSWAGEN to retire Pumpe-Duese Technology (2007)

(Original Article in German at http://www.spiegel.de/auto/werkstatt/0,1518,379240,00.html) VOLKSWAGEN to retire Pumpe-Duese Technology (in 2007) For many years VOLKSWAGEN was the only manufacturer world-wide pursuing the Pumpe-Duese technology for direct injection - securing its leadership in...
  4. T

Bye bye Len Hunt !

Volkswagen names Bentley exec to head U.S. unit Reuters / September 09, 2005 FRANKFURT -- Volkswagen has named Adrian Michael Hallmark, the sales and marketing chief of its luxury Bentley brand, to replace Len Hunt as head of its struggling Volkswagen of America unit on Oct.1. Hunt, in turn...
  5. T

Price Drop ? $2.39/gal in Yorba Linda ?

check this out: http://orangecountygasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D ... almost a buck less than most others in the area. What's going on there ? Are they selling the lower-grade crud after cleaning some storage facility or what is this ? Straight Crude :-) ?
  6. T

FUTURE OF THE DIESEL ENGINE - The pressure rises

Original Article in German at http://www.spiegel.de/auto/werkstatt/0,1518,371245,00.html Here is the Babelfish Translation (as always slightly off *g*) FUTURE OF THE DIESEL ENGINE The pressure rises As cleanly as a Benziner a Diesel is to become - that is the avowed goal of the engine...
  7. T

Socal: Aug. 14 05 El Camino Real in Oceanside

... a Dark Blue TDI Jetta IV Wagon, no club signs. More TDIs cometh to town !
  8. T

Government investigating engine stalling in Toyota

Toyota Investigation Jun 1, 2005, 1:32 PM Government investigating engine stalling in Toyota Prius Federal safety officials say they're investigating reports of Toyota's popular hybrid Prius car stalling without warning. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it's looking at...
  9. T

Oceanside, CA 05/30/05 - blue met Jetta TDI MKIV

Thought I didn´t hear or see right this morning at 0940, but yes, there it was: a blue metallic MKIV Jetta TDI plugging along through our Neighborhood (River Ranch) here in Oceanside. Anybody on Wind River or Vista Verde with a TDI ?!?
  10. T

Power !!! (installed Sprint 520)

Boy is the commute on I5 through Camp Pendleton fun when you just threw in a couple of new nozzles Thanks to Fratelli Brosio, Kerma and tdiclub, thanks to VW for the great reserves in the good ol ALH enigne Allright, a couple of notes regarding the nozzle swap, if you are doing it...
  11. T

got nozzles - need OMI

hi folks, my nozzles are on their way and I figure the next thing is to enhance the engine respiration a little bit so whats the price for the OMI these days ? Anybody found a spare in his garage ?
  12. T

Diesel: In 30 days four times around the world

From "Der Spiegel" (http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0,1518,354625,00.html) Quick&Easy Schnitzel-Translation via Babelfish - sorry I don't have the time to brush up the translation result. --- DIESEL RECORD TRAVELS In 30 days four times around the world Diesel engines for passenger car...
  13. T

SoCal: White Golf IV TDI

... this morning before 10 on I-5 northbound between San Onofre and San Clemente - a TDI'er poking his ear
  14. T

Timing Belt too tight ? Upper Roller ?

Got a TB change 8k mi ago up there in Northern Cali and have had the "Dieselgeek Deluxe Kit" installed. Jetta drives ok is a bit more peppy (still stock..), but has a more whirring sound ever since which I thought was the new water pump. However... looking at the Belt again recently I found...
  15. T

New Brakes: Shudder when braking softly ?

Allright, here's the deal: I put new Balo+Pagid Pads and Rotors on my 2000 Jetta TDI, cleaned, brushed, anti-seezed the hubs and hat insides, cleaned the rotor surfaces after mounting them, cleaned and anti-seezed the slider bolts and slider surfaces in the calipers, torqued everything to spec...
  16. T

SoCal: Silver MB E320 CDI

... today on I5 North between San Clemente and Aliso Viejo, at around 1100AM. Car had still had Dealer plates on from Santa Barbara. What a nice, nice ride that is. Happy trails to the older couple driving that one - though they most likely won't read this forum
  17. T

SoCal:Green Jetta TDI on I5 Northbound

... just past the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant. Gute Fahrt !
  18. T

Mercedes: Particulate filter to be std equipment

Head of Mercedes Car Group Dr Eckhard Cordes announces that the diesel particulate filter is to be made standard equipment Geneva, 03/02/2005 - From summer 2005 Mercedes-Benz is to be the world’s first automobile manufacturer to equip all its diesel passenger cars with a particulate filter as...
  19. T

40 cents per Gallon ?

allright,.... sorry if this is a mega-faq, but I am wondering how you can actually get to those 40c/gal cost levels for BD. Is that the actual cost base that homebrewers and small co-ops get to after their first trial-and-error experiences ? What kind of veggie oil is being used here, where do...
  20. T

Diesel Dispute:German automakers go against Toyota

German automakers go against Toyota BMWS, Mercedes, VOLKSWAGEN and Audi make together mobile against Toyota and go up to the European Union commission. With own tests they have shown that the exemplary Diesel cleaning system used in the middle class model Avensis already diminishes after few...