Search results

1. P

One of those days...

I'd just let the cargo mat air outside for a few days and see what happens... if the skunk isn't going away... pick up some "Odoban" (Sams Club and home Depot sell it). It's like "febreze" on steroids... Very common product used by vets and kennels to clean animal waste smells. Anyhow just mist...
  2. P

Any mobile radio operators?

Personally... I'd try to see if it'll fit in the upper shelf of the glovebox.. you could drill a small hole in the back to run the wires... it would be a fairly clean install (Audi put's their CD changers in there...). Glovebox is fairly easy to pop out. - KE6MXV
  3. P

2011 jetta brake system problem car won't start

Gear selector flashing (I'm guessing you have DSG) means the Transmission has a MAJOR code in it. Car wont start if the transmission isn't sending the Neutral or Park signal... Check with the VCDS, but sounds like transmission issues to me... did you have it serviced at 40K? In VW world...
  4. P

Rear brakes dragging?

I'd swap out the pads...clean and paint anything that's getting rusty. If you are getting 40MPG, I doubt you are dragging, but rust is getting on them. I'd also bleed the system, I wonder if air is in the system and the brakes aren't really getting used, which is causing them to freeze up like...
  5. P

New 2014 Cars

Word is this has been fixed over the last few months with firmware updates... Europe was the Ginny-pig. The hold up here is getting the EPA to pass it without needing the Urea-Injection. (which is doesn't need due to the lower compression and better burn rates.
  6. P

Thinking of trading in...

Unless something is wrong with the V... I'd stick with it. V to VI IMHO is a downgrade. The fit and finish is far superior in the MKV.
  7. P

Wiper blade refills.....

Yeah... oops... sometimes a thread comes back to haunt you... THESE DO NOT FIT... VW decided to change them to force you back to the Dealer again. (They used to be Bosch, now Valeo, and they're a different sized (although similar shape). I've yet to find the Valeo ones cheaper than the Dealer...
  8. P

Dealer says "Car not ready" for emissions test ???

Did you "clear" any codes (even RAN clear when there wasn't any) with your VCDS? I've seen some people who do this automatically (really, don't do that, unless you are truely trying to remove a code that you fixed to see if it comes back) That'll usually tag them as Unready for a couple hundred...
  9. P

I did it! Bought a 2013 and I couldn't be happier.

Trust me, they know, but they wont ruin a sale on them. Since there's been two "service" actions alone to help correct the "Mis-fuelling" "cause" of it... they HAVE to know. Pretty much every VW Dealer has had to deal with at least a handful of them according to the NHTSA docs. My local dealer...
  10. P

Need Help In Jetta Lease Choice

Since you are in the area... Roseville VW has a used 2012 Manual Premium+Nav for $21900 on their website (probably can talk down to $20K) . Rather than the Dart, the new Mazda3 is coming out (on weds). They're already dealing on 2013's. great car in it's class, and Diesel-like mileage.
  11. P

Broken Ball bearings re-occurring problem

Every VW/Audi I've owned has gone through it's share of bearings. It's not unheard of at 30-50K. On the bright side you can learn to DIY, it's not too bad and the parts are quite cheap. VW does use decent bearings... One of the best way to test a bad Bearing is drive 25-30mph and turn hard...
  12. P

What would you do?

I'd pull the fuel filter and see if it's 1) clogged with bad fuel, or 2) Covered in shiny bits of metal (HPFP failure starting).
  13. P

Clear Coat turning white and peeling off

It's legal for them to do minor repair work to a new vehicle, some states like California have "limits" on it (I *THINK* it's $500 worth), anything more than that and it has to be disclosed. check with your local state. I'm sure that of course dealers uh, don't use "retail" pricing on that...
  14. P

Yup... You pay full tax each time... zero credits on the "trade"... even though the next person is going to pay the sales tax AGAIN on it. Basically the state makes full sales tax 2-3 times on the average vehicle. Yet this state still is broke!
  15. P

So long and thanks for all the fish...

The 2.5l Skyactiv is 13:1 on RUG... If you look at the design, it's a high-tech version of Hondas old CVCC... in that a "rich" mixture is used to ignite a "lean" mix. Honda did it with a "chamber" around the spark plug... Mazda does it via a "cone" in the piston... when the piston is fully...
  16. P

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Well, I got rid of my 12' TDI... For the first time in 12 Years, no VAG product is in the garage. Loved the engine and the torque... but after many, many, many, many visits to the dealer for stupid body and fitment issues (just about every panel in my car has been pulled at least once, car was...
  17. P

12 Jetta headlights auto off

Nope, the 12' has the MK4 electronics. While the GLI will do it (has the MK5 controller), the TDI will not... until an aftermarket solution is figured out.
  18. P

Honest Opinion Sought from 2011/12 Jetta TDI Owners

It bothers you when it seems every interior panel rattles, is loose, doesn't fit, etc. I've probably had every panel pulled at one time (or more) for fixes... my headliner has been repaired, the center console pulled 3 times, door welds had to be redone... It's more than cosmetic... Also, as...
  19. P

Not on this one... the dealer has these on ad, no financing, Lease, or Rebates on top of this price. (Most likely they're rolling them in). Weird the other VW dealer is low stock on them, I think this dealer has been so high on pricing that they ended up with a backlog of stock. (When I bought...
  20. P

Dearler not wanting to do work...

Sadly it's common in California with VW/Audi, in fact a few years back I had a contact who was a service manager at a VW/Audi Dealer and he was the first to tell me of it, and basically left the area due to it. In my post the "cancer" was exactly how he called it. He also told me VW knows about...