Search results

1. R

DEF leak along left side of trunk

I just had the warranty work done to the supply and return tubes and the injector for the DEF system under the hood. The trunk has always shown crystalized DEF right next to the access hatch and tank. But after the warranty work under the hood, I have crystalized DEF all the long the entire...
  2. R

Real World MPG - 6 speed Manual

TDI '15 totaled but I'm not giving up on her Well, last week I was in a fender bender going 20 mph. Long story short in freezing rain I rear ends someone when they had to make an emergency stop. No structural damage like the frame, engine, axle, etc. but the total repair is $8,400 and the...
  3. R

2015 Passat @ 96k in the hilly part of SE Indiana on the Ohio line getting those numbers. A daily drive of 60 miles round trip to Cincy. Try to stay at 70-74 MPH with a ratio of 65/35 Hwy/city Honda trade-in on Passat
  4. R

Fix for '12-'14 manual, 6sp, passats??!?!

I received an email 5-21-18 that Phase II for my 2015 TDI Passat is ready to be scheduled. My dealer is scheduled out into July for performing these Phase II mods.
  5. R

Is that the mechanical upgrade phase 2 or the phase 1 software update?
  6. R

2015 Passat - Went with Approved Emissions Modification

Anyone else have results post software emissions update?
  7. R

I got my notification to schedule my appointment
  8. R

How long once you completed the VW Portal before you were contacted that you could schedule your Phase 1 with a dealer for your 2015 Passat? I completed the Portal 8 days ago and haven't received anything yet.
  9. R

How do you tweak the MFD? I'm constantly 3.0 mpg over on the MFD on a empty tank I would love to get it to less than 1 mpg off.
  10. R

I still averaging almost 50 mpg driving around southern Indiana and Ohio where there is no flat stretches of land. I just past 13k.
  11. R

Clutch life?

Thanks to everyone that has replied!
  12. R

Clutch life?

What have most people gotten out of their clutch 100k, 200k, 300k miles? Just curious what to expect. I know there are tons of factors involved I just what to see that is common.
  13. R

Noise and "tap" felt when shifting into 5th & 6th

OK I hope you can shed some light on this one. My new '15 Passat TDI 6MT has 3,400 miles on it. Thursday I noticed that when shifting into 5th & 6th gear. That I hear a slight metal click sound and I feel a "tap" through the clutch pedal. It does this when up and down shifting. Any ideas...
  14. R

Can anyone else comment on going 50+ miles after the MFD reading "0" miles remaining? My 3 tank every I got a 47.4 hand calc on 840 miles. With a split of 50/50 between hwy/city.
  15. R

Last fill up (2 tank ever) 902 miles for 52.1mpg average! Loving this 6MT!
  16. R

2015 TDI SE window tint question

Was that for CERAMIC tint?
  17. R

I want to thank everyone that replied to my question. I have decided to go with a CERAMIC tint. The shop I plan to go with has been in the tint business since 1986 and tinting is all they do. I'm going with 35% all 4 windows and the rear. Out the door for $360 with lifetime warranty from the...
  18. R

njwalt, Thank you for the picture! I hope my window tinting shop can get me the same results!
  19. R

I'm going to get my new 2015 TDI SE window tinted. I was told by the tint shop that the rear window comes with this little black dots that are along the outer edge of the window that you can see. And that the film will not stay sealed over that "bubbled" area with the dots long term and will...