Search results

1. M

Another New 2013 Passat TDI

Congrats and welcome. I've owned two Passat TDIs now; I love(d) them both. The Fusion is sexy, the new Altima is cool, but the Passat is just right.
  2. M

Interior quality?

The quality is competitive and perhaps a bit ahead of the competition, but behind the curve of previous Passat generations. If you're new to VW, you'll be pleased, if not you will be disappointed, but only for a day or two. It's a good car and a GREAT price. It's really important to remember the...
  3. M

I'm in love, with Passat 2012? No, well yes but....With Diesel. My VW Story.

From one diesel newbie to another: congratulations! Our cars are absolutely identical and our passion for them seems to be equal, the only difference is my additional 7,600 miles and five months enjoying the ownership experience. Best of luck and keep posting!
  4. M

VW Passat/Jetta TDI Reliability

VWPassatTDI: I share your concerns about reliability and TCO, however, you buy VWs for emotional reasons, which you then attempt to justify rationally. Since last December, when I bought my second VW and my first TDI, I have tried to quell my fears about reliability and obscene repair bills by...
  5. M

Fuel Filter Trouble

It rained in Milwaukee this morning. I noticed a rainbow effect on the water on my driveway and after driving a couple blocks noticed the strong smell of liquid diesel in the car. I skipped my first meeting and drove directly to the dealer. My car remains at the dealer as they await a...
  6. M

HID headlights

I agree, I don't see HIDs as a deal breaker. That said, if there's an economical upgrade that is reliable with a reasonable lifespan, I'd make the upgrade.
  7. M

Fuel Leak

THANK YOU! I will check it out.
  8. M

Fuel Leak

Thanks for the reply. (We'll agree it is on the right side of the car.) The fuel filter has a wet coating and a puddle beneath it. I will clean up what I can, but after further investigation I notice there is some at the base of the passenger wheel well.
  9. M

Fuel Leak

I have a small fuel leak in front of the passenger side tire. What I assume to be the fuel filter (cylinder in the front-left engine compartment) has a small amount of fluid beneath it, which smells like diesel to me. I have ZERO technical abilities and will take the car early next week to shop...
  10. M

Need Opinions Passat 6m or Jetta loaded

TDIatlast: yes, I believe the Jetta I was driving has four-wheel disc brakes. It doesn't have an independent rear suspension however, which I was reminded of in every fast corner as the tail hopped around. So no, the comparison is not entirely apples-to-apples, but then the premise of this post...
  11. M

Real World MPG with DSG

3,000 miles logged so far in a 50/50 mix of city and freeway driving. I'm averaging about 34MPG. Best mileage recorded: 46MPG.
  12. M

Need Opinions Passat 6m or Jetta loaded

I'm just about to turn in the 2012 2.5L Jetta SEL loaner vehicle I've been driving while my Passat TDI SEL is having a bit of painting done - couple of rock chips in the hood - and I cannot wait to dump it. The Jetta feels a bit chintzy and tinny. (I won't comment on the engine other than to say...
  13. M

Lots of surveys?

If they use these surveys correctly they will improve their vehicles. However, if they use them a la GM in the 80s they will build cars that offend no one and inspire no one. Let us hope VW doesn't start building vehicles via focus group input.
  14. M

Passat Fender Audio Fix @ 6,000 mile Courtesy Check

This is terrific news! I have my 90-day appointment on Monday and I'll asking (begging, if necessary) for this upgrade.