Search results

1. imkemfly

Replace one glow plug or replace all?

I had a glow plug cel on my 01 jetta and I replaced the harness and all 4 glow plugs and no light over 7 years. So depends if you want to piece it out or just do all the work at one time.
  2. imkemfly

IS my new MAF bad?

I saw this thread and wanted to share my experience. I had a code for a bad maf and bought a cheap $75 maf and it lasted a couple of days. I then thinking that it couldn't be the maf went looking for trouble else where. Finally I bought the more expensive Bosh Maf and that fixed the problem...
  3. imkemfly

Coolant Heater rebuild!

Could that be a High temp cut out?
  4. imkemfly

Pass. Window pops at end of operation

I have the same problem. Any answers??? 01 Jetta Thanks
  5. imkemfly

Vag Com FAULT Code Expert wanted

Ignition switch I had intermittant fault with the ABS and a blinking Brake light. This lasted for about a year while I troubleshooted different things like grounds. I finally replaced the ignition switch and the faults seemd to go away. It's fairly cheep and easy to do. A 2010 though might...
  6. imkemfly

door locks and interior lights

Try this thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=77648
  7. imkemfly

2000 Jetta TDi won't start after intake cleaning

AVS will not open till you turn on the key and try to start.. get someone to start it and see if it opens while they are cranking it over.
  8. imkemfly

I'm a bit puzzled with a cold start issue.

If the fuel filter has been changed lately try checking the thermostatic 'T". It might be cracked introducing air into the system.
  9. imkemfly

please help: sudden death

I'm not an expert, but if you suspect a timing belt, do not try to start the car again. Major damage can ensue... I would first do a visual inspection to see if the belt looks good. I can say from experience that if relay 109 isn't working it will crank but will not start. Also do a search for...
  10. imkemfly

Coolant temperature and MPG

You guys are awsome! I was having a problem with the temp gauge reading cooler than usual. I thought it was the sending unit but instead after reading this thread decided to replace the t-stat. WoW My MPG's before the replacement were in the about 40.3 MPG. The last tank after the t-stat...
  11. imkemfly

Tires for 2001 NB

I'm not trying to thread hijack but has anyone used Michelin Hydro-edge?? Tire wear and are they noisy? Thanks
  12. imkemfly

Low TDI MPG

Zeke5551 I have a 2001 and driving like I want to I usually get around 42. Mostly highway 25 miles each way. Stock set up also. with injectors with 236,000 on them. Best I ever got was 46 driving like granny lol.
  13. imkemfly

Sunroof Malfunction, 2003 Golf 4dr

My sunroof also had a mind of it's own i would leave the car and come back to it being tilted to the vent position. I rotated the switch from left to right, stop to stop and it seemed to fix the problem. I would suspect it is corrosion on the contacts of the switch. I haven't had the time to...
  14. imkemfly

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

I would venture that a manual gas pedal would be smaller in diamater than a auto gas pedal because there are three pedals down there. But what is the difference that is for another expert.
  15. imkemfly

Additive people...how do you physicly get it in the tank?

dzcad90 I've been using that for a few years now. Works great. I usually fold the tub in half to keep the ps from coming out. The valve sometimes will leak.. and if you are not ready it will dribble down the side of your car.
  16. imkemfly

Another limp mode victim

use a wire tie (tystrap) wrap it around and across the connector to hold it on. Cheap and easy.
  17. imkemfly

Newb with Question

Papysj, I just replaced my '01 starter because of hard starting. It went from about one revolution to about 5 or 6 (which i consider hard starting). I replaced mine with a new one and now i'm back to easy starts (about 1 revolution). As a precaution I would also clean all the grounds...
  18. imkemfly

I fear owning an Automatic TDI

Wolfie, I have 226,000 on my '01 and no sign of any trouble and i plan to run it into the ground like you. Good luck and keep motoring on!!!!
  19. imkemfly

What fuse numbers to check for cruise control

With a car as old as his (mine is an 01) could be the switch arm. Mine is flakey and I know that I need to replace the stalk.
  20. imkemfly

car won't start?

When the starter turns over does it sound like it is laboring kinda like the battery is low or is it spinning as usual?