Search results

1. B

Survey; P202A.. AdBlue Heating Element., et.al.,

I got the P205B error last week. Took it to the Dealer today, and VW "goodwill"ed the repair without out even asking. 2012 TDI SE with 59k Miles. Of note though, this is the THIRD Emission related failure I've had in 10 months. O2 Sensor in Dec 14, SCR Controller in Jan 15, and now the AdBlue...
  2. B

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

I got the P205B error last week. Took it to the Dealer today, and VW "goodwill"ed the repair without out even asking. 2012 TDI SE with 59k Miles. Of note though, this is the THIRD Emission related failure I've had in 10 months. O2 Sensor in Dec 14, SCR Controller in Jan 15, and now the AdBlue tank.
  3. B

2012 Passat TDI with multiple failures

I was up at my local VW Dealer here in the DFW area getting an alignment (thanks Hotel Valet!), and my Service Advisor who've I've know for years told me something that might explain the AD Blue Tank: The Service Advisors are being pushed to book all jobs with no less that 2.5 hours of labor...
  4. B

Are You Kidding Me!?!?!?

Try over at Boardwalk in McKinney as well. I got mine there fresh off the truck and they gave me a good deal (for Dallas), plus a great trade on my CC. Funny enough, they had one of those markup stickers from a car they traded for on display. I was shocked.
  5. B

Spare Tire

It was an 18" Bristol (SEL) wheel. I can't post a picture but if you IM me your address I'll send one over.
  6. B

Spare Tire

Yes, a full size spare will fit along with the tool kit. I had to trim some foam from the center and the bottom of the kit, but the floor was complete flush with the tire in. It also seemed to improve the handling a little and took the flat out of the rear. If you want, I can email a picture...
  7. B

Mud flaps

I bought a set off ebay. They needed to be fitted slightly in one or two spots, but otherwise worked fine. I believe I paid $25 or so shipped.
  8. B

ECU Problems

It took two weeks to get a replacement bumper cover for my Passat when it got tapped in the rear end.
  9. B

2012 passat tdi, turbo death

My wife's car is a 3 year old Honda Odyssey. As recently as 3 years ago, I had bought only Hondas for 15 years until the new Accord came out, and I couldn't stand the seat and bought a 2010 VW CC. (which was one of the best cars I ever owned and the reason I got a 2012 Passat TDi). Anyhow, the...
  10. B

Hit after only three weeks! Joy.

Also just read an article showing where much of Toyota and GMs huge sales gains were through rental fleet sales!
  11. B

The one they gave me was a new 2012 (900 miles) with the 3.5 (300hp) and a 6speed, leather, 19in wheels, etc. It was seriously slow and the engine was very loud. The back seat was surprisingly cramped, shifter was oversized, and the seat had little support. The engine constantly dropped...
  12. B

I'll set up another thread for our first DFW Passat TDI Owners meeting at Hard Eight
  13. B

retrofit rns 510

In my 2010 CC it was under the rear deck.
  14. B

I just got it back, and the paint match was perfect. There was no damage underneath or to the sheet metal. While there was a small ding in the trunk, they got that out with paintless repair. Still a bummer, but I'm happy to get my car back whole and stop driving the Chevy Impala rental I had...
  15. B

New SE w/Sunroof, Nav and DSG

Congrats! I almost bought the same car, but went with the Midnight Blue/Black Int instead. Getting 38mix, 44-46hwy.
  16. B

Opportunity to get "new" passat

They depreciate out demos a certain amount per month. At that price you might as well by an available auto tdi and sell it when your manual comes in.
  17. B

I work out in Irving, so Hard Eight would be fine. In the evenings I'm up in Allen and there is a Rudy's there as well. I could show off my damaged bumper!
  18. B

Black TDI SEL Available March in DFW

Whilst up at the dealership getting my plates installed and chatting with my sales guy (who was admiring my damaged rear bumper), he let me know there was a SEL that was "available" in March that someone had ordered but picked up a Jetta SW instead. So...if your looking...I'll pass on the...
  19. B

Front License Plate Bracket

I just had mine mounted today. While it is screwed on, experience when driving to W. Texas has taught me it's not worth dealing with the hassle over. While I've never had a problem in DFW, outside in the countryside, I have. So now, I just suck it up and have it done. Also, after two years of...
  20. B

While getting my plates over at the dealership today, I talked with their used car appraiser. His view was bumper covers are almost disposable items today, and there would be no effect on the value of the vehicle, even with something on Carfax. The big things he wants to know is if steel panels...