Search results

1. Rob_MacCara

Power Service & roof racks

I've got a bottle of silver and another of white Power Service that are free for the taking. Both are at least half full. No good in the Audi gasser. Also have a set of seldom used roof racks to fit the GSW along with a pair of bicycle mounts. Comes with key and end caps. $150 Located in...
  2. Rob_MacCara

Turning in with either an ECU or DSG tune

Has anyone been able to have removed a DSG or ECU tune on their car prior to turn in? This with the plan to (for some fee of course) have the tune put on their new car.
  3. Rob_MacCara

17" 5-spoke alloy rims

*** Sold *** 17" 5-spoke alloy rims I've got an ad on Kijiji for some rims. Local sale only. *Sold
  4. Rob_MacCara

Flashing glow plug light

Driving on the highway at 110 with the temperature dropping from 0 down to -8, and the glow plug light started flashing continually. Car felt like it had no boost - difficulty going up hills etc. Had another bit to drive to get home, and didn't want to risk turning the engine off and on to see...
  5. Rob_MacCara

Looking for local used TDI

I'm wondering if anyone has around a year 2000 TDI for sale. My step daughter is looking for something reliable.
  6. Rob_MacCara

VAG-COM Key-USB for sale locally

I'd like to find a new home for my VAG-COM Key-USB cable. I bought it new and now need a HEX+CAN cable instead, so this one's for sale. Prefer a local sale, but would consider shipping. $200
  7. Rob_MacCara

FS: 2004 Golf TDI

I'm the original owner of this 2004 Volkswagen Golf and am only selling because I require something larger now. Fuel (diesel) consumption averages 1000kms per fill. Car has never been smoked in. Asking price is $9,800. Willing to move on the price if a dealer "convienience" sale can be done to...
  8. Rob_MacCara

Wondering what my car should sell for

It's time for me to get something bigger. Looking at a 2011 Tiguan. I'm wondering what I should expect to get for it - either as a trade in or selling privately. I don't trust the dealer too far to tell me what it's worth. 2004 Golf TDI 4 door. 130000kms. 5 spd standard, A/C, cruise, heated...
  9. Rob_MacCara

Vanagon engine conversion

Does anyone here have some good tips on converting an '86 Vanagon to a 1.9TDI or 2.0 VW engine? I'm assuming that an auto recycler would be the best place to find the engine and necessary parts. The conversion would be happening in St. John's, so avoiding shipping costs would be a concern.
  10. Rob_MacCara

Euro car pics

A friend of mine over in Europe on business sent me a few pictures (off his phone) that he thought I might like. I'll pass them along here just for fun:
  11. Rob_MacCara

Eibach Front Sway Bar Kit

I ordered the front and rear sway bar kit from the USA, only wanted the rear, and too much trouble to return the front sway bar. I already installed the rear sway bar. Eibach Front Sway Bar Kit 1999-2006 Volkswagen Golf or Jetta EIBACH ANTI-ROLL-KIT, POWDERCOATED RED -- Consists of a solid...
  12. Rob_MacCara

Terminal Release tool

Does anyone locally have a terminal release tool available? I'm wanting to do some wiring right now and don't want to have to wait to order a set in from the USA. The specific tool I'm looking for is the "junior" VW size such as is found on dash panel switches & heated seat connectors. Thanks, Rob
  13. Rob_MacCara

Bushings and other parts

I'm about to order a bunch of suspension parts (bushings etc) from an online retailer. My car has been clunking a bit too much lately... Anyone else interested in sharing shipping costs?
  14. Rob_MacCara

16" rims & tires

Thought I'd post this here for my wife - she's selling her 16" VW rims (5x100) & tires on Kijiji: http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-tires-rims-VW-Rims-and-tires-W0QQAdIdZ196545411 She's asking $650 for the set.
  15. Rob_MacCara

Kijiji ad for parts car

Saw a recent ad on kijiji - '96 red Golf for parts. $400 http://tinyurl.com/yfjszse
  16. Rob_MacCara

Broken driver's window and Steele

The wife just called to say that her driver side window fell and couldn't get back up. Told her to call Steele VW and see when they could get her car in. They told her right away! I'd call that good service. It'll be even better if this falls under the recall. Maybe she'll even wander around and...
  17. Rob_MacCara

Short shifters

Is anyone else considering one of these short shifters? Free delivery to Canada, too! :)
  18. Rob_MacCara

Winter tire change over problem

So I figured that since snow is finally in the forecast, I'd put my winter rims on. All went well until one of the "tuner" bolts wouldn't come loose. Looks like the inside thread is stripped. I'd rather not try and heat treat the bolt as it would end up making the rim look like crap. Any other...
  19. Rob_MacCara

Power Service on sale

Canadian Tire has both the white and grey containers of Power Service on sale for 30% off. I think the white container is the winter version with the anti-gel component. I picked up a big jug of it and will hopefully remember to add some each fill up...
  20. Rob_MacCara

Settle's - anyone home?

Has anyone driven past Settle's the last day or two? Been calling and leaving messages but no joy. Wondering if their doors are open or closed... I want my new turbo installed! Thanks, Rob