Search results

1. Rob_MacCara

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

CX5D - available 'early next year'.
  2. Rob_MacCara

Power Service & roof racks

Power Service has gone to a good home. Still have the OEM Volkswagen roof racks and bike racks available!
  3. Rob_MacCara

I'll send you a PM.
  4. Rob_MacCara

You aren't tardy - I still have them!
  5. Rob_MacCara

I doubt they would fit unless you have the roof rails on your Golf. It would also probably cost a fortune to ship to MO!
  6. Rob_MacCara

These are OEM VW roof racks to fit the Golf Sport Wagon (or JSW to 'Muricans). Used less than a half dozen times... The two bike carriers mount to the cross bars. The bike carriers have been used - bought them second hand.
  7. Rob_MacCara

I've got a bottle of silver and another of white Power Service that are free for the taking. Both are at least half full. No good in the Audi gasser. Also have a set of seldom used roof racks to fit the GSW along with a pair of bicycle mounts. Comes with key and end caps. $150 Located in...
  8. Rob_MacCara

I started this process on the 28th of April, and on about June 6th chose my dealer as VW of Moncton. About a week later I was able to change to Audi of Moncton for the Trade-in location. Still had to return it to the VW side of the parking lot. Love the new car so far - I'm getting about 650+...
  9. Rob_MacCara

I traded my VW for an Audi - first to drop it off at the VW dealer (Moncton) and got the paperwork/cheque, then the rep marched me across the parking lot to the Audi dealer. My FMV had gone up a bit in the meantime, so Audi quickly adjusted the bill of sale and I saved a few bucks on taxes. I...
  10. Rob_MacCara

I did swap the rims so I kept the alloys for my newish snow tires. The 2011 had under 90,000kms on it at turn in time and was spotless. I even returned the block heater cable, rear hatch cover, and the unused original floor mats. I kept the Monster mats and trunk protector. The Q3 came with LED...
  11. Rob_MacCara

Traded in the old and picked up the new today.
  12. Rob_MacCara

I traded mine in today and the dealer was happy to have me endorse the cheque over to them.
  13. Rob_MacCara

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

I'm picking up an Audi Q3 tomorrow. Smaller than my wagon, but higher up off the ground so more comfortable getting in and out of. I'll miss the fuel economy and the extra room in the back...
  14. Rob_MacCara

The single most appropriate image that captures dieselgate

I think the lighting package is what I'll enjoy a lot on my new one, too. You'll have to put some pictures up once you've done the clay bar magic...
  15. Rob_MacCara

The single most appropriate image that captures dieselgate

Glad for you that the return was easy. How's the new one?
  16. Rob_MacCara

To give the dealer the benefit of the doubt, they may have been putting in the VIN's into their system to see who owned the turned in cars previously. You would have come up as the previous owner, and as the car was sitting out on their back lot, knew that you'd turned it in. Either that or Rice...
  17. Rob_MacCara

I'm getting an Audi Q3 Quattro Progressiv, with Sport package, Nav, etc. Looking forward to it (other than higher fuel consumption, that is...)
  18. Rob_MacCara

There are been literally a ton of people reporting that they've returned their cars with steelies, dents, damaged windshields, smashed this and that all without any issue.