Search results

1. R

Sudden Power Loss, Black Smoke, Running Rough

I made a makeshift block off plate and unplugged the anti-shutter valve. Car runs much better. Seems a little sluggish, but none of the smoking and choking it was doing before. I ordered better block off plates and once installed DanG144 is going to run a few tests with me with VCDS and see what...
  2. R

black knight, Just now where I have the chance to mess with bypassing the EGR valve to see if it helps. Gonna check the boost pipes as GoFaster suggests too. I will keep you posted.
  3. Lobe 8

Lobe 8

4. Lobe 7

Lobe 7

5. Lobe 6

Lobe 6

6. Lobe 5

Lobe 5

7. Lobe 4

Lobe 4

8. Lobe3

Lobe3

9. Lobe 2

Lobe 2

10. Lobe 1

Lobe 1

Cam 2006 Jetta Lobe 1
  11. R

Great Dan! Thanks and I will do it at lunch! It will repeat it because it does it ALL the time. It is parked. I will get it to you today! This is some help I have been looking for. Thank you so much. Anything else I can log that might help diagnose the O2 sensor or the EGR valve?
  12. R

Harvieux, The car can idle fine, but give it a little throttle and it chokes, sputters, sometimes dies, smokes, and then, if you can get it to rev it smothes out and goes when it gets above about 2000 - 2500 RPM. It will take off, but I wouldn't say like a rocket, but compared to how it runs...
  13. R

Thanks icecap, I am thinking along the same lines. I was hopeing for a potential cheaper possibility since the EGR valve is one of the more expensive fixes, but sounds like the most likely culprit. Any way to disable it and open all flaps and see if the black smoke goes away? Maybe then I would...
  14. R

Anybody want to offer a suggestion on where they might start? I've been reading more on the subject and this car did have the hissing noise that came and went during idleing which I guess is the EGR valve leaking from what I have read.
  15. R

Thanks for all the feedback. I am pretty sure fuel/air mixture for sure but just need some help on how to diagnose. Can the EGR be diabled and the flaps open to see if that remidies my problem? MAF and O2 are definaltely possibilities and possibly an N75. Car starts and runs rough, then smooths...
  16. R

Any of the experts out there have a direction I might consider?
  17. R

On my 2000 I could disconnect it and if the MAF was bad it would run good, not optially, until replaced. Not sure about the 2006. I unpluged it and it didn't seem to change anything. I guess O2 or EGR is still my suspicion. I did however find a wire to the MAF that had rubbed the insulation and...
  18. R

I will try disconnecting the MAF and see if that helps, but my experience with a MAF only creates a power loss. Never know and disconnecting should be an easy and no cost test. O2 is a good possibility but I thought it may have given that error code immediately because it is running so rich...
  19. R

My Dad went out one day and started his 2006 Jetta TDI and it suddenly began to run rough, blow black smoke, and has no power. I had to get a new updated VAG COM cable to pull the codes. I have been reading on the subject and suspect the EGR Valve or N75. The codes I pulled were...