Search results

1. N

Electrical !?!

I sold it. Nick
  2. N

Electrical !?!

I put all fuses back in Saturday. Ran fine Saturday, Sunday, & Monday morning. Monday afternoon, fired up ,two blocks, blinking ABS & brake light. Shut it off, fired it up, no problems rest of drive (20miles). Tuesday morning, backed out of driveway, blinking brake & ABS.. headlights OFF...
  3. N

Electrical !?!

I have them removed from the equation right now. I am going to run it and put 1 fuse back in at a time. The one thing I can't figure is when I disconnected the battery, I had 3 volts between the pos/neg cables.
  4. N

Electrical !?!

I ended up following the codes, replaced ignition switch, removed fuses 6,14, 37,38, & 42. Disconnected my stereo. Started at idle, 14.4 volts, turned lights on hi, fan on hi, volts 13.5. When attempting to connect my amps back, sparks.. I think one of them my be shorted out. Putting that on the...
  5. N

Electrical !?!

Not following. Measure from Pos post to neg clamp, trans ground, then alt case? Nick
  6. N

Electrical !?!

Today started fine, 80 degrees. 100 yards, ABS & Brake light blinking, 3 beeps. Stalls, starts right back up, not a problem the rest of the drive home. Completed auto-scan, Address 46 Central Convenience 7 Faults: 00849 S-contact at ignition 01331 Door control module driver 52-10 voltage too...
  7. N

Electrical !?!

So far, all fuses pulled, cleaned tested, ignition switch pulled blades clean, all relays under dash pulled no burns. GP relay pulled clean, grounds under battery clean. Any other areas I need to be looking at for possible shorts? Nick
  8. N

Electrical !?!

I pulled all the fuses out. Checked each with a meter. The blades on the larger fuses were clean, the blades on most of the smaller fuses were covered in tarnish. Wires brushed them and installed. What causes the discoloration? I have never seen that before. Nick
  9. N

Electrical !?!

Running around yesterday, key fob would only unlock driver door. Checked battery, 3.1 volts.
  10. N

Electrical !?!

Battery tray removed, grounds wire brushed and di electric grease, all fuses on top removed cleaned and di electric greased. I did the timing belt, 3rd, and oil pump in Feb. Cleaned ground cable, positive cable. Since owning this car, I have always been able to roll up/down windows after car was...
  11. N

Electrical !?!

Battery replaced October same time as alternator. This morning it was 51 degrees. It is going to be hot and sunny today so I am going to remove my cowl and look at the GP relay. Glow plug light out quick, I don't think it even spins a full revolution and it fires right up. It is after that the...
  12. N

Electrical !?!

This morning, drove to work, parked shut off car. Pushed window switch to roll up window. Something clicked then flashers started, all dash lights blinking, clock changed, trip zeroed. I had to turn key to on then it all went to normal. I was able roll down the windows. Could this be my ignition...
  13. N

Electrical !?!

Today...45 degrees. 12.5 , cycle GP's volts drop 11.6, start volts drop to 10.5, starts- volts up to 13.9-14.2. Drove 50 miles 4 stops, not one problem. Is there a test for the ignition switch?
  14. N

Electrical !?!

Checked yesterday with Vag-com, only code was ABS 00668. Found post from 2018 to look at fuse 9, 5 amp. The posts were dark but fuse ok. Wire brushed it and cleared code. This morning, 38 degrees ABS flashing, lights dim. Got to work, turned off lights and car. Parking/turn signals lit. Had to...
  15. N

Electrical !?!

I will look at that cable. I am going to connect the Vag Com too. Thank-you for the suggestions. Yep, 6 year battery. I don't drive this as much any more. AC is out so once it gets into the 80's it sits. The foam blew out of the blend door a few years so it sits when it gets to low 30's. Nick
  16. N

Electrical !?!

Hello, '02 Jetta. New Alternator 10/21. Replaced (warranty 3/22). What is happening is When cold, start- ABS blinking, headlights dimming, & radio lights out during glow plug cycle. Once glow plug cycle complete, lights work well and appears normal. Yesterday, warmed up, start- 3-beeps, and...
  17. N

Oil Pump Torque Spec

Thank-you. I used that search but didn't see that. I found the 11 lb. on youtube.
  18. N

Oil Pump Torque Spec

Looking for the torque spec for the (3) ALH oil pump bolts. Thank-you, Nick
  19. N

No Start

Thank-you to those who responded. Found problem. Solenoid gummed up pretty good. Cleaned piston & cylinder with rubbing alcohol. A little bit of dielectric grease and works well. Ready for 17 more years. Nick
  20. N

No Start

My Jetta is having starting issues. Key in, turn wait to start, glow plug light goes out, turn to start fires right up. Next time, wait till glow plug light goes out.. nothing, not a sound, no starter engagement at all. I can go through this routine 4 or 5 times. I pulled out the gray clutch...