Search results

1. M

FS: VCDS Micro-CAN interface

Fs: Sold SOLD Like new, no VIN limitations. $130 shipped. Photos here. Here is the list of compatible vehicles.
  2. M

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Bought a 2012 4Runner after 3 decades of small, high MPG cars. After hanging out on the largest 4Runner forum, I can say that they have no real problems other than deciding which cosmetic mod to do. Quite unlike this forum, where I have received invaluable help to fix major problems inherent in...
  3. M

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

After 30 years of Civic-Accord-Mazda 3-Passat, It was time for a change. I'm signing for a 2012 4Runner on Friday.
  4. M

AdBlue Heater Warranty Extended to 120,000 Miles

Thanks for the info. I won't waste a stamp submitting my claim for the Toureg part.
  5. M

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

^^^ Agree. My CEL has been on a while, but I've been able to park in a heated garage this winter. I fixed it after returning from 4000 mile trip to FL only because I might head to Canada within the next month. Otherwise I'd have ignored it.
  6. M

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

Great writeup and thanks to all contributors. I had a 202B, bought the Toureg kit ( http://www.expressoemparts.com/oe-volkswagen/7l6198970a) and the installation went slowly but smoothly. I didn't disconnect the harness/hose under the car, but I did pop the zip ties out of the frame to give me a...
  7. M

Cylinder misfire etc. codes 700 miles from home

To follow up on the original post... no more issues/codes. Just the initial warmup stutter as Chad mentions.
  8. M

Thanks Nord, good suggestions. I'm limited to what I can do on the road, but may have found the culprit. The #4 plug connector came off way too easily. I inspected it (no obvious damage) and seated it more securely (it's still not as tight as the others though). A short test drive went fine...
  9. M

My engine has been running rough when under load for about a minute when cold. Runs fine after that. Today, it ran rough longer and threw these codes. Note central electric indicates a malfunction but shows no fault codes. Pertinent VCDS log extracts are below. Since I'm on the road my fuel...
  10. M

Trunk Lid Indicator

Mine failed gradually (I did the knocking trick too). No need for dealer involvement other than ordering the part, it's a simple thing to swap the latch out when the time comes.
  11. M

Trunk Lid Indicator

Yes, almost certainly the trunk switch. It's not repairable and you have to replace the whole latch assembly. Been there.
  12. M

FYI - Got a letter from VW today

I got the letter that specified 2012 Passats. I'm near 100K and will hit 120K easily within the next year... The extension states that the fuel must be "uncontaminated" for warranty coverage, so does that include 'contamination' by additives?
  13. M

2013 Passat Car Fire

You forgot loess: "an aeolian sediment formed by the accumulation of wind-blown silt" ;)
  14. M

chinese/ebay splash guards installed

Same experience as gforce. At least two of mine didn't survive last winter. I was gonna replace with OEM this summer, then it was fall, now it's winter...maybe next summer.
  15. M

Trunk light issues

Same symptoms. Replaced the latch ($50) and all is well. I fooled around a bit trying to disassemble the old latch, but even if I got it apart the reassembled latch wouldn't be durable.
  16. M

Window Tint: Ceramic vs. Non Ceramic

It's harder to see in because it's darker inside than out. It's easier to see inside a lighted house window at night than it is to see outside from the lighted room. All Peeping Toms know this ;)
  17. M

aftermarket lip spoiler feedback?

+1. Sold mine, buyer and I are both happier as a result.
  18. M

VW Splash Gaurds Work Great!!!

I bought some from Ebay and they lasted about a year. They cracked and broke apart, though it must be said that this has been the worst winter I've seen in many a day. I would hope the VW ones are made with thicker, less brittle plastic. I'll buy the VW version as soon as the ice and snow...
  19. M

Valet Keys

This approach allows a single system to be used for both keyless and keyed ignition systems. It works fine once you get used to it--and if the dealer gives you the plastic keys! My only wish is that the plastic keys weren't black. Yes I could paint them but...
  20. M

Which car did you have before?

2007 Mazda 3 S. Fun to drive but the ride was harsher than my 3/4 ton Chevy truck. 26 mpg in the Mazda vs. 40 mpg in the Passat.