Search results

1. R

Check this out..... RMS questions

Thanks for the reply RunOnBeer, Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
  2. R

RunOnBeer, thanks for the reply. I just don't want to mess this up and have more problems later. Have a couple questions for you. 1. Should I order 2 seals just in case I damage the first one (would be my luck)? It seems that most don't have great luck installing these. 2. Could you...
  3. R

I’ve been working on getting the 5sp EUH transmission rebuilt due a carrier bearing failure. I decided to upgrade (at least I hope this will be the case) to the G60/VR6 flywheel. I would like to know your opinions on what to do here. I really do not want to replace the RMS, but this would be...
  4. PA130013

PA130013

5. PA130010

PA130010

6. PA130008

PA130008

7. RMS straight on

RMS straight on

8. RMS top side

RMS top side

9. R

Parking Brake Adjustment

Just went through this.... I had the same problem that the original poster states about there being too much slack in the parking brake cables. After looking around the car I found that one of my rear calipers (the passenger's side) parking brake arm was locked in place (fully engaged). The...
  10. R

Any thoughts on how to remove this part?

I've searched all over the TDIClub and VWVortex and was unable to find any descriptions on how to take this apart. Sorry, for the filth in this picture (the winter was a little ruff and the car needs to be cleaned badly). The vehicle: 05 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 Sp I need to adjust the parking brake...
  11. 05 Rear Cup Holder Base

05 Rear Cup Holder Base

This is the rear cup holder base for a 05 Jetta. I would like to know how to get this part removed without breaking it. Any ideas?
  12. R

Scan gauge error: shows 0.00 GPH fuel flow during WOT

Bump I too just purchased a Scan Gauge for my 2005 BEW and I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this?
  13. R

Attempting BEW timing belt replacement on Saturday

Yeah, I agree with PDJetta and make sure that the cam adjustment is right in the middle. I did the same thing as he did when I replaced my belt 10K miles ago. Setting the tensioner was the biggest bear for me and keeping it inside the alignment window was a pain. Not to go out on a limb...
  14. R

Need help with timing belt please.

Update!!! Well, I finished up today, and started the car. There is a problem. I now have a tick, tick, tick, noise that is based on the RPM of the car. I hooked the car up to VAG-COM and checked block 4 which read 2.0. It is within range. The car ran for about 10 minutes and I shut it...
  15. R

Sorry for the mistake Thanks YMZ for the correction. My bad. Chitty. If is wasn't that I torqued the tensioner pulley down, I'd make the adjustment. My local VW dealer doesn't have any of the nuts on hand, all he said was, "We just reuse the one on the vehicle." Wondering why its not...
  16. R

One more question. A quick question. Everything lines up perfectly with the locking pins, but the cam pulley is rotated almost entirely counter-clockwise. Just like the instructions say, rotate the cam pulley and put the timing belt on the crank, across the idler pulley, around the tensioner...
  17. R

Thanks!!!! Thanks for the quick reply guys. I've been out there rotating the crank over and over watching the tension indicator move from the middle (as it was adjusted to in the beginning) then over to just past the right side of the indicator window. Since everything is torqued and ready to...
  18. R

I'm having a little bit of difficultly with my timing belt change. Here is info on the car. 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI Engine: BEW Miles: 99,500 Using Diesel Geek's complete rebuild kit along with all appropriate tools. I've followed WingNut's PDF (thank you very much, couldn't have done it with...
  19. R

Winter door troubles

I'm glad they fixed part of it. Just this past Saturday during the thaw there was a big chunk of ice that my driver side door pinched into oblivion. When you hear the crunching noise I just stop opening the door and see if I can jump in. This is the first vehicle that I've owned that does...
  20. R

Winter door troubles

Mine does the same thing. I have an 05 and it does the same thing. Haven't found a cure for it yet, and I'm not sure that there is one. It only happens once in a while, but when it does it hurts. I haven't seen any paint removed yet, nor has the bottom end of the door derformed from smashing...