Search results

1. A

A3 2.0 CR170 project

Gotcha! Just for reference, I got a Banks Super Gauge to monitor multiple parameters and it is great.
  2. A

A3 2.0 CR170 project

Quick question, why did you get an egr delete kit when it is part of the Rawtek exhaust? Or, at least it was on mine!? I'm guessing it is for the boost gauge line tap?
  3. A

JR auto or Malone tune? Any dynos?

I had a minor issue with the DSG tune on my A3, it turned out to be the dealer who installed it. However, Andrew and Owain were emailing me and the dealer until nearly 10 PM to get the issue sorted. If that isn't an amazing customer experience, I don't know what is. I have a Q7 that I was...
  4. A

A3 2.0 CR170 project

I'm going to tag on to follow this thread as I've got the same car with a Malone Stage 2 and DSG tune, Rawtek turbo back exhaust and EGR delete. Always interested in seeing what others are doing.
  5. A

2013 A3 CBEA engine stutter

NICE!!! You will have to let us know how the install goes and how you like it. I'm considering doing the same with my 2011. Though, I've only got 75K on it with no issues. Which tuning are you going to use?
  6. A

2013 A3 CBEA engine stutter

I was going to say this sounds like the EGR is giving issues. Probably partially clogged. I just had my 2011 A3 go through full Rawtek "weight reduction", Malone Stage 2 and DSG tune. I could not be happier
  7. A

Turbo muffler delete Golf 6 2,0 TDI

I read on tuned cars the referenced part from NeuSpeed can cause turbo surging...
  8. A

Malone Stage 2 MPG?

I just completed my first road trip (a little over 200 miles of mixed Interstate and highway driving) and averaged 46.2 MPG on my 2011 A3, Malone Stage 2 , DSG Tune and weight reduction. The car isn't fast, but it sure is a lot of fun and there is absolutely zero hesitation about pulling into...
  9. A

software calibration update

I had this update done to my 2014 Q7 and it actually helped restore some of the lost fuel economy and also gave back some power. If you haven't had it done, I would recommend getting an appointment.
  10. A

12 A3 TDI vs 12 Jetta TDI MPG

All the 2.0L TDI cars sold in the US came with a 14.6 gallon fuel tank. You can fill up the neck and manage extra fuel, but the tank itself is 14.6 (US) gallons. Currently I've got a 2011 A3 and previously had a 2009 JSW, but had the same tank capacity.
  11. A

Q5 TDI, Malone Stage 2

Thanks for the quick reply and information!
  12. A

Q5 TDI, Malone Stage 2

Can the FlashZilla V3 be used on a 2014 3.0L Q7 TDI? It appears it can, but I can't tell on your site. Also, if I buy the FlashZilla and Tune from one of your US dealers, how does the upload procedure work? Does the FlashZilla come with the tune pre-installed? If I need to take it back to...
  13. A

2015 3.0 TDI Q7 performance upgrades

With the Malone Stage 1/Stage 2, does that eliminate the need for the DEF fluid? Assuming you don't delete the downpipe.
  14. A

my new 2010 Jetta TDI

Very Nice! Congratulations! I'm honestly very jealous of the new Stereo the 2010's have...much nicer than what came in my 2009.
  15. A

'09 Jetta SportWagen w/minor Mods

Prices and Parts I got the GLI set-up from a member on the Vortex. The fog lights, euro switch, and wiring all came from ECS Tuning. Total for the entire set-up (including GLI set-up) ended up costing me a little less than $500. I did the install myself, the wiring is pretty straight...
  16. A

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Any vehicle I have ever had, I simply have to do some work on! I try to use as many "factory" parts in the modifications as possible. I like for people to think..."Did it come that way?"
  17. A

Here are a few shots of my 2009 TDI SportWagen. Currently it has 18" Audi S-Line (Caressa) Wheels, 20% Tint, GLI Grills and OEM Projector Fogs.
  18. A

Roof Rack Options? ($300 for Thule/Yakima!?)

I've used Yakima for years with no issues...but Thule are good as well. I guess it comes down to personal preference. But, honestly, you aren't going to have any problems with either one you choose. They are both good products.
  19. A

On JSW, careful when folding down rear seats!

I've noticed the same thing with my SportWagen. I leave the seats down a lot and the front seats are pushed far back as I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'10". I leave the seats down probably 60% of the time when I am headed to training events with my dogs. Here is the pups I haul around...you can...