Search results

1. I

AHU timing belt tools

Some tools from metalnerd (i think) for AHU timing belt replacement. Includes IP lock pin and special IP opening tool along with the other stuff pictured.Make an offer.
  2. I

1998 Jetta TDI (Charlotte,NC)

98 jetta tdi bone stock 305k Miles with recent major service. -Full timing belt service 3k miles ago at professional local shop -TB Roller and tensioner -Camshaft seal -Valve Cover Gasket -Intermediate shaft O ring -Front wheel bearings -Oil Change -A few other small things i have the receipts...
  3. I

B4 passat parts

I have a thread on VWVortex here where i sell various parts http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5919885-FS-Random-B4-parts All items are OBO and does not include shipping, I love to use USPS flat rate boxes though if it fits it ships. Shift knob $20 shipped 6 Disk changer w/ magazine $40...
  4. I

FS: AHU Injection Pump Resealed

*SOLD* I purchased this pump from a local member several months back and after resealing the top seal I never installed it. $375 shipped obo
  5. I

Wtb: 1.6 d

I'm looking for 1.6 engine replacement for an 81 rabbit. Pretty sure any mk1 diesel will work, let me know what you have!
  6. I

Koni Sport Springs (A3 Jetta) Used

Hey guys I have a lightly used set of Koni Sport Springs with about 500 miles on them that I'm looking to get rid of. My city roads are way too rough for them to be enjoyable. $100 + shipping obo
  7. I

Keyless entry

Anybody have any tips on repairing a keyless entry module? Went to the dealer to purchase a key fob and when the tech was trying to program it he figured the keyless entry unit was bad because it wouldn't accept the remote... $400 from the dealer... Thanks in advance. Also looking for a...
  8. I

WTB Braided steel Oil Feed Line for AHU

Looking for a braided oil feed line for a 98 jetta AHU. Mine bit the dust. I've seen some members selling them on here in the past. Hoping to track one down. Thanks.
  9. I

98 Jetta Oil leak help

So I had a small oil drip for a couple days (1 more drop on the driveway every morning) that i thought little of until it turned into that scene from 'There Will Be Blood'. You know the one where they finally strike oil and the boy blasted through the roof from a gas pocket, something like...
  10. I

98 Jetta TDI no power...

Hey guys maybe you can give me some insight into my power woes... Just replaced the head on a 98 TDI with 165k. Here is what I have done to the car. -EGR blockoff plate. -Replaced all vacuum lines coming out of N75 but I have NOT yet replaced the ECM hose because I am not certain this is a...
  11. I

98 jetta TDI starts then dies immediately

Just replaced the top end on my 98 jetta that i purchased not running from the PO. After getting everything back together I go to start her and she starts up but dies immediately. I made sure no valves were contacting by spinning the cam about 20 times, the only resistance i felt was compression...
  12. I

Tensioner Stud Removal?

Need some tips on removing my tensioner stud. She seems to be stuck, or I'm not approaching this the best way.
  13. I

WTB 1Z/AHU Head

Looking for a 1Z/AHU head for my 98 Jetta, thanks guys.
  14. I

98 Jetta head removal.

Hey guys, anybody have any info on removing the head on a 98 Jetta TDI? I found the mk4 ALH head removal guide but it is pretty different compared to the AHU. I have the TB and camshaft out, I just need to remove the head bolts and I can't find what type of bit they need, I have heard mentions...
  15. I

98' Jetta fuel shutoff solenoid question

Just picked up a 98' Jetta with 164k miles which the seller listed as having a bad injector pump. The engine will turn over but will not start, no smoke, nothing. Is it possible that the fuel shutoff solenoid is stuck closed and preventing the engine from firing? It would be great if i only had...
  16. I

My new 98' Jetta project

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in following the progress of my 98' Jetta project. Just picked her up today! http://98jetta.wordpress.com/
  17. I

98 Jetta TDI Injection Pump Replacement Questions.

Picking up a 98 jetta tomorrow with a failed IP. I've seen tons of info about IP seal replacement but info on replacing the IP itself is slim for the 98 Jetta. I've heard about people getting them rebuilt but having to trade a good "core" to get it rebuilt, not sure what that is about...