Search results

1. KAG

Thinking of selling my golf wagon wolfsburg

2014 tdi Wolfsburg 186k. 2 inch lift (euro spec springs) and koining active suspension!!!! just had vdubbs do the timing belt, water pump, DSG service, filters, brakes. Runs like a top, daily highway driver 90km each way. Nokian hakkapelitas on (ugly) steel rims. Body's in very good shape (no...
  2. KAG

Rim help - mine split in 2.

So driving to work I hit a big rock. Blew my front tire instantly at high speed. Got the car over to the side of the road, called caa. When the pulled the tire off, the front of my allow rim literally fell off like a hub cap!!! It looked like someone cut it off it was very clean. This can't be...
  3. KAG

Lifted my golf wagon - help needed!!!

So, as my thread below has stated I put ID parts 2 inch lift springs to replace my broken springs. Looks great, awesome height...too much height. There is a low power drive train wobble, that's annoying, and turns out is wearing the left drive axel prematurely. Mechanics think the new angle is...
  4. KAG

Finally lifted my golf wagon

Bought 2 years ago from I'd parts a 2 inch lift kit. Didn't install it for various reasons. After sitting in my parked car at work and funny enough the right front spring blew - what a sound. Limped it to mechanic and found a broken rear spring as well finally decided ots time. Not sure if they...
  5. KAG

Selling a new golf lift kit

Hi all, bought 2 inch lift kit for my 2014 golf wagon from ID parts. Never installed it. So I'm selling it. Retails for $270 usd plus duty, I'm selling it for $270 cdn. I'm located in barrie, send me a message or email at Chris.oulton705@gmail.com Take care
  6. KAG

Couple of mechanical questions

Ok, so in the morning my car wont start right away, push button start, hit it everything works, let glow plugs warm up then hit button again and everything goes blank. Battery looks new, keyfob batteries good too. Starts after a few times and always when warmed up. And now today going around...
  7. KAG

Anyone lift their wagon?

Looking for first hand reviews of lifting their wagons. Which route did you go, how does it effect the handling etc...thanks
  8. KAG

Stupid questions

What does jsw stand for? I read what regen is, but how will I know when it's happening? If I get a kerma or unitronic tune will it void the emissions warranty? I've heard to never do a DSG service? That sounds like bad advice? I have a moon roof? Do they leak often? I'm hearing horror stories...
  9. KAG

Driving in D vs S

Just wondering which mode you prefer as I've usually oened manuals. The S is way more enjoyable around town. The car will mainly be a highway runner. What's the fuel hit to drive is S....thanks
  10. KAG

So I go to pick up my new car...

On Friday my very sceptical wife (she thinks I'm nuts for trying vw again after years of repairs from our last 2) I get the keys from the salesmen (vw dealership, fresh out of CPO inspection) for my pristine wolfsburg golf wagon. I start it up...a new CEL was on, wasn't there when I test drove...
  11. KAG

Towing with a 2014 wagon

Hello all, been away since my last tdi made me so made I swore off VW...well I just bought a 2014 white golf sport wagon wolfsburg edition with the DSG tranny. I've been doing some reading and was surprised to learn while this car is rated to 3000 lbs in other parts of the world it's not...
  12. KAG

Maybe I'm crazy, but may buy a tdi again

Hello all, it's been a few years. I swore off vw 5 years ago after owning and 03 golf and an 01 Jetta that were nothing but trouble. I've had 5 over the years. That said I'm looking at either a 14 or 15 golf wagon automatic. 64000 km on it, from a vw dealership. How reliable are they now? It's...
  13. KAG

Need advice on 2005 tdi wagon, I may buy one.

Hello again Ted's, I've been out of the tdi for 4 years, been driving a boring civic with zero issues. And like a sucker for punishment I'm considering a jetta wagon. The owner is a friend of my father's, awesome condition, 100k on it. Full service history. Automatic. Price is $6000. It's...
  14. KAG

Are you a fan of VW or the fuel?

I'm just wondering how many would/are planning to switch to another manufacturer such as Mazda and their skyactiv D engine, or stick with vw. Are you loyal to the brand or the fuel? Personally I'm a fan of economy and will jump to anyone who can give me great miledge AND reliability.
  15. KAG

What year TDI to buy, advice needed

Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment but my wife and I miss our oil burners. This summer im moving back to the barrie area and I'll need a good commuter car. Once upon a time I owned an 04 jetta TDI sport (new) and loved it. I'm considering one again but I'm very concerned about the cam issues. Is...
  16. KAG

FS- 2001 jetta 5spd

Well as of next month we only need 1 car so I'm selling my jetta. 230,000 km rebuilt turbo and EGR last year, timing belt/water pump done around 200,000. Over the last 3 years there has been brakes, suspension, battery, Nookian wrg2 tyres, EVO atlas skid plate and a Vag COM comes with the car...
  17. KAG

Help, I need honest reviews for new Golf wagon TDI

Hey guys/gals. We have a kid on the way, and were looking to get into something new. Anyway, were really looking hard at the Toyota Rav4, but like always we find ourselves comming back to the TDI. How has the new TDI been holding up? I know there was a fuel pump problem that was recalled, but...
  18. KAG

03 golf TDI Auto, help with auto tranny

Hello all, I have an interesting problem. Last night my wife was driving home, and out of no where the RPM red lined, she slowed down and then the car would not go above 60KPH - it was stuck in first gear, so we had it towed to my mechanic. Today it's fine, it throws no codes, and it will not...
  19. KAG

What does this code mean?

Hello all, my jetta is getting twitchy again. I recently had the Turbo and EGR replaced, it's been fine until lately it's started going into limp mode again. Finally got a CEL and it reads - 17964 - charge pressure control: negative deviation P1556-35-10 intermittent wondering if those in...
  20. KAG

Has anyone lifted their car?

I've been thinking about this for a while, and know of these guys http://www.metalnerd.com/ I want to lift my next Jetta 1 inch and am looking for people with first hand experience. Thanks.