Search results

1. jettawreck

Where did the "Articles" heading go/get put (with the A4 Timing belt "how to")???

The "Home" header button gets me just to the Forums. "Resources" has a few topics but are all empty, presume they must be downloaded only??
  2. jettawreck

Wheel interchangeability?

Listing for a set of Momo 16" wheels from "2012 New Beetle w/4 1/2" bolt pattern". Is the listing correct and are 2012 NB wheels larger bolt pattern than my '01/'03 Jetta MKlV??
  3. jettawreck

02J gear removal from output shaft

I have an 02J 5 speed (it's from, and being used in a 1.8T gasser) that won't engage 1st gear. Bought it that way and figured it was a linkage issue. All other gears shift and worked fine, car drove fine with the exception of no first gear. It's been determined to be an internal issue and the...
  4. jettawreck

Swapped manual transmission, now clutch won't disengage

2004 Jetta 5 speed manual 02J (it's a 1.8, but it's all the same thing) that was to be a parts car, but it ran/drove great so decided to give it a chance. Main issue was it had no 1st gear. Tried cable adjustments, etc. Determined it was most likely an internal issue, maybe a bent shifting fork...
  5. jettawreck

ALH into MklV gasser chassis advice

Last week my 2003 Jetta TDI was rear ended and totaled. I am looking to replace it, but very few budget TDI Jettas around here. It is looking that I probably won't get any reimbursement from the other parties insurance even though my car was unoccupied and legally parked. Details in another...
  6. jettawreck

My '03 totaled out while parked

The 2003 (Black One) was parked in front of my business as usual. Small town 2 lane street with parking lane on main street business district. Idiot 20? year old had been drinking but not over .08%, (probably residual from last night) in his "girl friend's (parent's owned) bald tired Chevy...
  7. jettawreck

KeyCom VCDS work on '02 Passat?

My old VCDS KeyCom with a USB adapter works fine on my '01 and '03 Jettas, but today my buddy had his daughter bring over her '02 Passat 1.8 gasser with a MIL on to read the codes. Couldn't connect to any controllers. Is this because my version isn't CAN enabled (not that I really know what that...
  8. jettawreck

Engine mount/large TB roller bolt(s)

This is sort of a "too late" type question, or perhaps a peace of mind thing, depending on the response. Is the 16mm headed bolt for the TB's large roller/idler exactly the same as the two 16mm headed engine mount to frame bolts? I couldn't/didn't locate the new idler bolt amongst the parts in...
  9. jettawreck

Overboost question

My '03 Jetta will overboost and go into limp mode when accelerated hard over 3200 rpm. Typical overboost condition. No known vac leaks, but I don't have a Mity Vac vac pump to test. VNT actuactor seems to be as free as the unit on the '01 and it was very smooth 30K miles ago when the head and...
  10. jettawreck

Mobil 1 $12 back on 5 qts Rebate

The local fleet farm (pretty sure it's a nationwide campain) is again running the Mobil 1 rebate. Buy 5 qts and get $12 back, limit 2 per person. That gets M1 TDT 5w-40 down to less money than Rotella T6 (well under $4 qt, less than "bargain" synthetic oil) for me, which is too bad since I'ld...
  11. jettawreck

Coolant temp sensor question

I've "heard" it said the coolant temp sensor on the ALH (4 pin connector) has two parts or maybe more accurately sends data to the ECU and cluster gauge (and Scan Gauge/OBD port) seperately. Question is: I get correct temp reading on the Scan Gauge and idiot cluster gauge. Can the ECU be...
  12. jettawreck

CEL code P0401?

Odd thing this morning. After starting the car and driving out the driveway somewhere in the next mile the CEL came on and so I figured "great, the GP fault is back" and began the scan/clear process with the Scan Gauge on the way out to the main hiway. Instead of the P0380 or whatever the pesky...
  13. jettawreck

Any Way of Identifying Nozzle Type/Size?

If a (normal) person were to pull out an injector body/nozzle, is there a way to identify what brand/size the nozzle is? Markings that are readable? Here's the reason. When I had the head redone for the '03 project car, it was supposed to have new Sprint 520's installed, etc. Just want to...
  14. jettawreck

Kiwi MPG gauge: opinions wanted

Well, the '03 project car is on the road now and running great. Want another Scan Gauge unit so I don't have to pull it from car to car, etc, but its kind of hard to justify having two of the same type units, especially at the SG price. Looking for opinions (and I'm sure I'll get them) on the...
  15. jettawreck

WTB: Jetta MkIV LF interior door pull

Wanted to buy: Jetta MkIV interior left front (driver's) door closer pull handle. I don't need the switches for the windows, etc.
  16. jettawreck

Phatnoise software/download cable

OK, so I bought another Jetta ('03 GLS w/leather, etc) as a project car. TB is broke, (knew that going into the deal) head is going to Frank Irving, and so on. After I got it home and started looking thru everthing, I find a Phatnoise system in the cubby of the trunk instead of the typical CD...
  17. jettawreck

Contents of used (10K) oil filter?

Who has taken a OEM type oil filter and inspected/had analysis of the trapped contents? How much particulates are in a used filter? What portion (percentage) of the filter medium are used up or contaminated or clogged? All of this is very subjective, I know, but given engine (ALH to keep PD...
  18. jettawreck

Instrument cluster lights went out...

Last night on the drive home all of a sudden the IC lights go out!! By use of the map light, I could see all the gauges were still working, just no cluster lights. All other dash lighting was OK. Set Scan Gauge to MPH read-out for rest of drive home. After I got home and pulled out my copied...
  19. jettawreck

Vag Com TDI timing graph ?

When using the TDI timing graph feature in Vag Com in the lower right corner is a drop down menu, which in my version (don't remember ver. xx.xx??) always comes up as AZ1. Iv'e tried to find ALH for my engine designation, but it asn't in the list. Can anyone clue an idiot in as which selection...
  20. jettawreck

Wind and MPG

First off this is nothing everyone, including myself, didn't probably already know and it's not hard core data, but here's what I've got. Last night on the way home (same 40 mile route as always) had a pretty good, steady 10-15 mph tailwind and temp was 39F. Per ScanGauge (very accurate-well...