Search results

1. J

Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3

irere FWIW - the Michlen tires, from new, were never as smooth and quiet as the Pirelli tires.
  2. J

Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3

These tire are the best set of tires I ever bought. The ride is very nice and they are very quiet. These tires replaced a set of Michelins that had half the tread left. No comparison.
  3. J

analog clock issue

Check battery voltage and condition. These cars start acting up when voltage drops below 12 volts.
  4. J

GM Synchromesh Fluid....25K report

The is AC/Delco Synchromesh and then there is AC/Delco Synchromesh FM (Friction Modified). The latter is what I use and it's a great trans oil for the A4 5 - speed.
  5. J

Mysterious Starting Problem

I agree! These cars need a fully charged battery to operate properly.
  6. J

Another sometimes mysterious starting situation

ECM controls starter engagement. With the colder weather it takes a couple of seconds for glow plugs to complete their cycle. I noticed that if I keep my Passat on a battery maintainer when not in use - week or better - startup happens much quicker even with the colder weather. Check your...
  7. J

2015 Passat lost coolant

I take it 15's aren't covered with the extended warranty for the heater core or cooling system.
  8. J

Is it normal for a bubble to form in clear fuel line after sitting for days?

Hey Bob - No I haven't at this point. However, I am considering new Bosio DLC injectors and DBW's hot swap program. It's my understanding they provide new return lines. Just haven't decided on DLC 520's or 1019's. Car has 215,000 miles on it and I figure it's about time. Not looking for...
  9. J

Is it normal for a bubble to form in clear fuel line after sitting for days?

I've read many of the posts about bubbles being an issue in the clear fuel line. Afterwards, I still wasn't clear on whether a bubble forming in the clear line when the car sits for days, or weeks, is a problem or not. In my case a large air bubble - inch or more - will develop in the above...
  10. J

Seats too thin

I recently raised my seat up to where my head just clears the roof. I hoping the additional support for my thighs and legs will shift some weight off my butt. I don't believe the cushion is bottoming out on the frame, but I can't be sure since it only happened on this last 3.5 our trip...
  11. J

Seats too thin

I find the front seat cushions are too thin in my 2015 SEL. I get butt burn after 2 - 3hrs of driving. I don't have this problem in my 2003 Jetta GLS. I'm 6' 2" and 180 lbs.
  12. J

2012-14 vs 2015

The 2015 Passat EA288 engine has 10 more horse power (total of 150) over the earlier models. Mine is the SEL Premium and I have no complaints about the performance. Mine has the phase 1 & 2 fix performed. FWIW - my other TDI's are 90hp and bone stock - not tuned. My Passat performs way...
  13. J

2014 Passat coolant leak

It will be interesting to learn what is still leaking and what the remedy entailed.
  14. J

Dealership replacing my ea288 engine under powertrain warranty

A long block is for the most part a complete engine (ie. pistons, crank, head w/new valves and cam). You already know you're getting a new turbo. I would expect timing belt, tensioner and rollers to be new. They would reuse intake and exhaust manifolds. Everything else are accessories...
  15. P7070345

P7070345

16. P7070344

P7070344

17. P7070343

P7070343

18. P7070342

P7070342

19. P7070341

P7070341

20. P7070340

P7070340