Search results

1. S

Free Pela 6000 in SFBA

Would anyone in the SFBA be interested in collecting my Pela 6000 oil extractor? It works fine and was used only a handful of times. I'm moving far away shortly (in the next 3-5 days) and it needs a new home. In exchange for the freebie, I'd really appreciate someone willing to take away 5L of...
  2. S

2004 Golf GLS Manual ESP 97k (CT or CA)

[Update: The wife's Prius sold, so this Golf is going to be driven to the east coast. Anyone interested in the CT area? ETA is late December; must sell by January 2nd.] Hi, all. I've taken a job in Europe and will be leaving this January. Since I won't need a car and since TDIs are so much...
  3. S

Free BEW Lift Pump (Needs New Motor) - Berkeley, CA

I just replaced my Golf's in-tank lift pump and am wondering if anyone is interested in having my old one. It's free for the taking for anyone willing to come get it. It ran for about 85k miles. This is the original POM tan-coloured B suffix part that allows the tandem pump to continue to pull...
  4. S

Fuel leak? And, Name That Part!

[Edited to remove tandem pump query -- I managed to figure out what that thing is.] My '04 Golf has lately started leaking something on the driveway. I think my tandem pump is at fault, but while back there I happened to notice a bracket hanging by one very loose hex bolt. It was dangling...
  5. S

2012 Jetta Premium + Nav 6M (Berkeley, CA)

Hi, all! I'm selling my 2012 Jetta TDI 6-speed manual. It has the premium package with navigation and the colour is platinum grey. There are currently 13,548 miles on it (still well within the full warranty) and it has been driven about 90% highway around the Bay Area in Northern California. It...
  6. S

Possible engine damage from EGR cooler leak?

[Before posting I didn't find much by searching for egr leaks, but "coolant+soot" has opened a new window of pessimism regarding head gaskets and warpage. I'd still appreciate peoples' advice on how to proceed, assuming the egr cooler gets fixed and the car appears to run alright.] Recently...
  7. S

Paint Chip Repair

(Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find much beyond a few positive words regarding Dr Colorchip.) My '12 Platinum Grey has collected a handful of little chips and I'd like to keep on top of them as they arise. Does anyone have experience with any touch up products...
  8. S

WTB: Jetta/Passat Sedan or Golf in San Francisco Bay Area

The wife is looking for a car and she rather likes my '12 Jetta TDI, so we're on the look out for a used TDI of 1999.5ish or newer vintage. Any Jetta, Golf, or Passat sedans would interest us (less so wagons). Manual preferred, but auto is alright. We're looking to pay a fair market price for a...