Search results

1. J

For Sale: '04 Golf TDI

2004 Golf GL TDI w/ 5 spd Tiptronic; 99,500 miles Anthracite Blue / Grey Cloth Car is all OEM; I've added VW Avis wheels at 93,000 The GL for this year came pwr windows and locks, cruise, AC, CD & Cassette, ABS, etc. I have all service records from the dealer, myself, and 3rd party VW...
  2. J

Jacksonville, FL Shop/Mechanic

Ok, now that I've found my SC mechanic, and I still have my all star pro mechanic in Tampa, I'd like to find someone running a shop in Jacksonville. Here is why: My wife is keeping her job in Tampa while I work for one perhaps two years in SC. Once or twice a month I will be traveling from SC...
  3. J

Fuses on top of battery?

My AC quit working last week. Called my mechanic in Tampa (help, I need a new mechanic: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1785812#post1785812) and he told me to check 1st fuse. Alas, all burned up at stab. Pulled, filed off carbon and returned to its place. AC works again! Question...
  4. J

Looking For Mechanic in SC

Hello people! I have returned from my 5 month departure from the club while I was looking for jobs and then moving. I landed here in Sumter, SC. Does anybody know somebody who can work on these cars with success. I would prefer someone who runs a shop and specializes with these cars (and...
  5. J

Input on New Tires

Ok, I think I've earned the right to posts this after spending more than a week reading post on tires:) and enjoying every minute of it. My machine is an 04 Golf with auto and stock size 195/65/15. It came with Goodyear Eagle LS tires. I blew one out around 30K, bought one and added spare...
  6. J

Twice Used Pella 6000 For Sale

SOLD-SOLD-SOLD I used it only twice. Prefer to crawl under the car and dump oil the ol fashion'd way. Sold to the first responder for $16.00 plus shipping either USPS or UPS from 33709. Paypal only please. I will determine shipping cost after I have your zip. Probably no more than $10. I...
  7. J

WTB - OEM Goodyear LS 195/65/15 Tires

Looking for 1 or 2 used tires. With or without steel wheels. My car is an 04 Golf. I've punched a hole through my second tire, and it's not repairable (almost out of tread at 45K anyway) Willing to pay $$??? Depends on the amount of tread remaining etc.
  8. J

Great VW Mechanic in Tampa Bay!

SE_USA-ML-1135831-ML- Posted in the wrong forum section
  9. J

Great VW Mechanic in Tampa Bay!

For those of you looking for a great VW mechanic in the Tampa Area, here he is! Shop Name: The Diagnostic Guy Actual Name: John Phone: 813-685-3488 Address: 501 S. Falkenburg Rd D-11 Tampa, FL 33619-8060 Email: veedubguy@verizon.net John runs his own shop and has been working in auto...
  10. J

Belkin TuneCast II - $16.50 !!!

$16.50 shipped anywhere to lower 48 states. Belkin TuneCast II Mobile FM Transmitter. Includes: Original Packing, Belkin TuneCast II, 12V Power Cable, 2 AAA Batteries (unused), and Instruction Sheet. Checkout unit here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...p;s=electronics I've barely...
  11. J

Palm Zire 72 for Sale - VW Accessory?

Ok, so it's not really a VW accessory, however one can use a bluetooth equipped phone to surf the web and find an Outback Steakhouse while traveling to TDIfest !!! Palm Zire 72 For Sale. $99.00 + shipping. http://store.palm.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family This was my personal gadget...
  12. J

NIB Phatnoise for Sale ***SOLD***

Purchased from Auburn VW on June 16, 2005. Never installed or used. All items still in orginal packaging, even the DMS (20GB) is sealed. I did open the box to verify content. The part number on my packing invoice is 000-057-110 if this helps. My car is an '04 Golf. Should fit any VW with...
  13. J

Trailer Hitch Questions

I've been reading hitch and wiring posts for three days now and here are my unanswered questions: 1) How and what did you folks use to rust proof the holes that you drilled through the trunk? 2) Has anyone wired their lights powered directly from the battery? IE, on certain trucks you have...
  14. J

Mann Provent 200 Installation

Well, this is what I get for reading instructions. Per this brochure: http://www.republicsales.com/MANN/Provent_Brochure.pdf The Provent 200 has an adjustment for the Pressure Regulator. Anyone have any idea if this needs to be done? And if so how would it be set, etc. I'm thinking that if...
  15. J

505.01 Approval Letters?

I have seen the approval letter for Bardahl XTC 5W-40 that meets VW 500.00 and 505.00, but no 505.01 (in process). I have seen the approval letter for Motul Specific. Has anyone seen the approval letter for ELF 505.01? Or even Castrol, or the other oils availible in Europe? If you have the...
  16. J

Mail Order Parts for PD

UBB17-ML-835516-ML-
  17. J

Mail Order Parts for PD

FYI After spending an afternoon searching countless websites for a good bargain on filters, I found this one: http://www.whslparts.com/ (Note that the parts catalog on this site appears exactly the same as several other websites. That's because the same software is used for the parts...
  18. J

Low Fuel Light Test

FYI The amount of fuel in the tank between when the low fuel light comes on and the when the car runs out of fuel is exactly 2 gallons. I determined this in a well thought out experiment by running my car out of diesel . After determining just why my car was no longer running, I recall the...
  19. J

Driver's Seat Lean

Driver\'s Seat Lean When I took my Golf in for the 5000 mile oil change (first one on the dealer - and yes they used 505.01 - yahoo) I had them investigate my driver's seat. Upon accelerating or decelerating the car, the seat would "rock" slightly and make a "clunk" sound. The service writing...