Search results

1. 2

What exactly does the Dieselgate Warranty cover?

For a 2015 Gen 3 VW the warranty is outlined in this booklet and provides that: The warranty for other model year vehicles can be found in their respective warranty booklets under Emissions Modification heading on https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/
  2. 2

2015 Golf TDI with 150,000 miles. How much longer am I covered?

It seems as though you have 70k of warranty coverage remaining for your 2015 Gen 3. 10k remaining from Phase 1 and an additional 60k if Phase 2 is done at 160k. If you were to let the car go out of warranty for some amount of time after 160k, it seems as though getting the phase 2 done would...
  3. 2

Anybody buyback their own TDI?

If it was sold as a CPO it would also be better than having just taking the fix money.
  4. 2

Battling dealership with p0401 after fix

Not that it matters at this point, but as far as I have seen, you were not required to get the settlement fix in CA. California Certification for Benificiary Status Under Environmental Mitigation Trust Agreement (Page 7/10)...
  5. 2

Would you buy a TDI from out of state un-seen?

Buying a CPO sight unseen should not be that big of an issue, it should be mechanically sound but you could/should at least ask for a Carfax, maintenance records for when they did the CPO inspection to see what they did to it, a copy of the CPO inspection form, and as many in-focus pictures as...
  6. 2

2015 Jetta TDI SEL ADBLUE line leak

This is probably the quickest and easiest option. I wouldn't delay too long either, I believe you only have until December 30 to get the fix applied and still be able to collect the restitution money (for 2.0L only). We are well past the deadline to change the selected remedy.
  7. 2

Buy Back Cars on the Move

2.0L buyback deadline is December 30, 2018 (although filling deadlines etc. are all in the past - except for CRC Appeals, which is January 13, 2019).
  8. 2

New TDI enthusiasm? Opinions on where we are 2 plus years post-scandal?

For what it's worth, the GSW has better ratings from IIHS. https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/volkswagen/golf-sportwagen-4-door-wagon/2015 https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/volkswagen/passat-4-door-sedan/2015 (Not sure what they changed from 15 to 16, but if the 16 is...
  9. 2

Warranty question on re-commissioned 2015

VW does not seem to be in the business of goodwill, especially since, oh, September 2015. As others have mentioned, I doubt they care much how many cars you have bought from them, new or otherwise. As suggested, your best bet might be to see if you can find a friendly ear at the dealer that you...
  10. 2

Remedy Change Deadline

I am not familiar with any sections of approved agreement which refer to a deadline to change you selected remedy, but I did receive an email titled "SECOND REMINDER NOTICE" on July 24, 2018 that said: A previous email titled "REMINDER NOTICE" from May 5, 2018 did not mention anything about...
  11. 2

DPF Not Covered Under Extended Warranty?

I'm just going to assume that this will be their SOP for all cases. If they deny 100% at first, how many are going to argue and push their case before VWoA just puts their hands up and fulfills their obligation under the settlement? My assumption is that most people will hang their head and hand...
  12. 2

2012 VW Golf TDI - Bad DPF declined by VW

NorCalTDI79, you should make sure you hold K&N's feet to the fire on this, and let them know that you will be following up with the Attorney General's office should it prove that you were deceived by their advertising claims. You should probably also approach you conversations with VWoA couched...
  13. 2

2015 new car warranty vs. emissions warranty

If it is under 36k then the new car warranty should cover any issue it is having and a loaner should be provided. If the dealer "tries to pull a fast one," find a new dealer.
  14. 2

2015 new car warranty vs. emissions warranty

As far as I know, no 2015 VW was offered with anything other than a 3 year/36k mile warranty. The powertrain warranty on a 2015 MY was 5 year/60k miles, but hard to say if the powertrain warranty would end up covering something causing a no-start issue. That being said, if it did, it would most...
  15. 2

VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

That sucks. Did they not offer you a jump so that you could show that it runs, or was it that they were sticking to it has to start by itself too (hence the argument)? This seems like another of those issues that was ignored last year but they are being picky/sticky now (whether right or wrong).
  16. 2

First impression of a fixed 3.0L TDI Gen 2

You can also check https://www.audidiesellookup.com/ which may or may not be up to date. The 3.0L Amended Class Action Settlement Agreement states: Likewise, Amended Exhibit 2 repeats these dates in the short form notice for Generation 1 and Generation 2, respectively: Amended Exhibit 3...
  17. 2

Dilemma. What to do, what to do!!

It looks like there were more options in the settlement in Canada than in the US, specifically looking at the 2.0L. There is a similar trade-in credit plus restitution provision in the US under the 3.0L settlement. Looking at the Canadian Settlement Agreement: Page 33, Section 4.2.2