Search results

1. V

Spring breakage

I have had both front springs break over time. They break about 2" from the bottom end and just lay in the strut next to the spring. This doesn't cause much drama because the bottom end of the spring is still well supported. Am I alone on this issue??
  2. V

rear end clunk

recent loud clunk
  3. V

A4 is self locking

My 2002 TDI locked itself while I was outside. This has happened before, but I never had the doors shut with the key on the dash. Damn, havent done this before. Luckly the hatch lock is broken so I could crawl thru the back. Is there a way to scrap this self locking feature??
  4. V

mice eating wiring

I recently had an EPC code on the dash. To the dealer I went thinking it was a warantee issue. They said it was mice eating the wiring coating [which is now soy coated]. I got it back $450 later. They said to put clothes dryer sheets in the cab.??? What could I put under the hood that will work...
  5. V

EPC code

I had an EPC code just before my 2018 1.8 golf quit. How often does this electronic throttle control quit? The car won't run as a result. It only has 13000 miles.
  6. V

2019 1.8 Golf oil drain plug

It looks like a phillips X slot with 2 opposing slots longer than the other 2. I used a spoon like tool [used for tire removal[ in the longer slots, but I can't tighten it enough. STUPID DESIGN
  7. V

2019 1.8 Golf oil drain plug

What kind of tool will fit this phillips sloted hole? Is there a special tool? You would think there would be a hex or square.
  8. V

New TSI car oil change issues

The problem with the original plug is that I don't have an X sloted driver that will apply enough torque to satisfy me that it is tight. At least it hasen't fallen out YET
  9. V

New TSI car oil change issues

Is there a hex ended oil drain plug that replaces the Phillips sloted plug I can't properly tighten? #2 question- When you pull the oil filter cover off does oil run all over the engine [to change the filter]? I haven't changed the filter yet.
  10. V

control arm bushings?

parts for your suspension Sorry, I screwed up with the tracking # [2 numbers tranposed], but I see they were delivered today. Hope that's what you want. Time to send the postage. Frank Kline, 6817 Henderson Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078. Now all you have to do is install them. Better you than me.
  11. V

Trouble with car inspection

New York vehicle inspection system doesn't like my RC5 computer upgrade. They had to resubmit the data 5 times before the inspection was verified. Nothing on the car was wrong. Anyone have this go wrong?
  12. V

control arm bushings?

I mailed them at the post office My PO receipt says they will arrive Wed 8/19 and the cost is $8.70. The tracking # is 9505 5121 6872 0228 1705 93 There wasen't a way to send it COD. I hope it all works out for you, but from reading the info on bushing replacment, good luck.
  13. V

control arm bushings?

Hi Again, They look identical to the ones on ID Parts- rear bush -2.35" OD-1.6: long, front bush 1.4" OD and 2.1" long. Rear has metal sleeve inside and out, front bush has metal on inside only. I don't do pics. Hope this helps.
  14. V

control arm bushings?

control arm bushings Hi, You can have them if you pay postage. Is there a way to send them COD? To make sure these are the right ones the label says #2713201 009. I can measure them if you want.
  15. V

control arm bushings?

I found 2 lower control arm bushing sets? [Lemforder 2713201] in a box and have no use for them. Can anyone identify them and does anyone have a use for them?
  16. V

2002 Golf TDI Part-out on Vancouver Island

Hi, I need the signal light lens This is a clear lensed one on the side of the front fender. I really need only the lens. Got one and a way to send it? Thanx, Frank @ fmkline@yahoo.com or reply here.
  17. V

Loose front wheel bearing

I recently found that my left front wheel [when elevated] has a lot of in and out movement so I removed the wheel and tightened the large nut on the hub, which was not loose to begin with. It is much tighter now, but with out taking it apart I can't figure what in the hub came loose. There was...
  18. V

Want to buy light lens

This on the left front fender. It is a directional light. It is about 1" x 2" and clear. Anyone have one on a junk car and willing to pull it off and send it? Thanks for your response.
  19. V

losing transaxle oil thru seals

I have lost 3/4 of a cup of oil thru the axle seals over 10,000 to 15,000 miles. The car has 163,000. There is none leaking on the garage floor, just on the belly pan. The pan has been wet for several years. I'm thinking why bother replacing the seals for that little inconvenience of adding oil...