Search results

1. T

I guess it's my turn (HELP NEEDED)

I guess it\'s my turn (HELP NEEDED) My TDI went boom. Now I have a lovely 1 1/2 hour bus and train trek to work every day until I have some cash to fix it. Here's what happened. I am driving down the highway at about 75 or 80 mph and suddenly I hear this abrupt "PsshOOOOOO!" sound followed...
  2. T

VAGCOM?

Is it just me or does this sound like something a gynecologist would use for examinations? hehehehe
  3. T

If Euro diesel is cleaner, why the diesel odor on the Autobahn?

It's those 540d's and A8 TDI V8's blasting by at 140 miles an hour. More diesel cars would be my guess.
  4. T

Shine suspension review (happy now?)

I just got Shine'd last Friday and I've driven about 600 miles since then. All I can say is WOW!!!! This kit is about getting the best practical performance on the road and being able to pull into a parking lot without leaving half your bumper behind. If you are into bling-bling and rolling on...
  5. T

TDI enters UK racing circuit

http://www.news24.com/News24/Wheels24/Motor_Sport/0,3999,2-15-48_1163691,00.html
  6. T

Sage advice needed: 225 tires on 6.5 inch wide wheels?

What do you tire and wheel experts think. The thing is I have a line on some 16" 6.5 VW Rave wheels and I bought 225/50/16 tires to go on them. These tires are one size wider than the 205 GTI tires that are normally fitted to the wheels. In your expert opinions, will this work and could it be a...
  7. T

I LOVE MY FRIGGIN' CHIP

I LOVE MY FRIGGIN\' CHIP UPsolute = GOOD Do it now. That is all.
  8. T

Lets talk about clutches!

I am chipping my A4 jetta TDI. I need a new clutch, current one has a bit of slip and I need a replacement. Everyone seems to go with the VR6 clutch upgrade, personally if I am shelling out several hundred bucks, I would like something above and beyond VW OEM. Do any of you all have any...
  9. T

What EXACTLY does it do?

How does the UPsolute chip work precisely? I am thinking of one, but I'd like to know exactly what it does as far as raising boost pressure from what psi to what? Injecting fuel etc... How far beyond the stock parameters does it go. I tried a search on this and came up with 9 million upsolute...
  10. T

Who can Upsolute me in the DC area?

I finally bit the bullet and I am going for some mild mods on my 99 1/2 TDI Jetta. I am heading up to Boston to have the Shine real street suspension installed and a better clutch and the diesel geek short shift kit. I have a feeling after that I am going to want a chip... Who can do it in the...
  11. T

What I learned from my VW mechanic

I was at Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner, VA today and I started making some small talk with one of the VW mechanics while retreieving my radio code so I could swap batteries. According the the VW mechanic: "The TDI has 22.5 to 1 compression, that's why they warm up so quick" I see.... and...
  12. T

Optima battery = GOOD

Just dropped one in today. 800 CCA. Nice powerful quick start and it SEEMS to have solved the intermittent "warm start" problem I was having. Optima red top is good $hit. Get one today. Takes a little trickiness to get it in (the polarity is opposite of the OEM battery) so you have to wiggle...
  13. T

GREAT BOOK--- A MUST READ

I just finished a book called Getting the Bugs Out by David Kiley It tells the history of Volkswagen in America from the startling success of the Beetle in the 1960's to the dark days of the 1980's and Volkswagen's rise to the top in the late 1990's. Even if you are not interested in...
  14. T

GREAT BOOK--- A MUST READ

I just finished a book called Getting the Bugs Out by David Kiley It tells the history of Volkswagen in America from the startling success of the Beetle in the 1960's to the dark days of the 1980's and Volkswagen's rise to the top in the late 1990's. Even if you are not interested in...
  15. T

ANIMATED TDI GIF-- ANYONE HAVE IT???

Some of you may remember the animated TDI gif that VW used to have on their website. It was a swirling little orange circle that said....air...fuel..heat...TDI Remember that? I can't find it anywhere and it's making me crazy, already searched the forms and the internet. Does anyone have it!?
  16. T

Engine code letters??

I did a forum search and came up empty handed. Does anyone know the which engine codes go with which TDI motors. Specifically I want to know what the older TDI engine in the B4/A3 Jetta and '98 Beetle was and what the newer motor with the variable vane turbo is. One is AHU and one is ALH...
  17. T

HOLY $%#& Look what I found

Wow! My dream vehicle and it's in CANADA! I never knew they sold this model there! I would kill to bring this home.... SOMEBODY BUY THIS THING! http://shop.store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/3bdies872399.html
  18. T

What's the approx 1/4 time for a stock TDI?

What\'s the approx 1/4 time for a stock TDI? Simple question. I tried searching the forums because I know it's been covered before, but I found nothing. Anyone know? I just want a realistic figure for a stock TDI, not one with a chip and mods etc.
  19. T

Our old buddy badmouthing the TDI

Be sure and post on this thread if you are a Vortex member. Pitch in your two cents worth. This guy is a former TDI club member who traded his TDI in apparently http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum17/HTML/004952.html