Search results

1. S

Fault code question

2001 Jetta TDI 104k miles. My check engine light came on so I checked it with my Vag-Com. Fault codes are: 16764 - Glow Plug/Heater Circuit, Malfunction 35-10---Intermittent. Anyone had this problem or know proper testing procedure for checking them, Thanks
  2. S

I did it....800.2 miles on one tank!

I know to some this is no big deal, but I have never had the patience to drive the car easy for that long. The low fuel light came on at 745 miles, by 780 it was pegged on empty. I got to my station at 799, so I had to go 1/2 mile down the road and turn around. I filled it to the neck as you...
  3. S

Dove a new PD100 today

2004 Black Golf. The first thing I noticed was the engine is a little quieter than mine, and the throttle response is more linear than mine with the Upsolute. Power was closer than I thought it would be, from 1500 to 2400 it felt about the same as mine, above 2400 mine had a little more power...
  4. S

Took a ride in Gary's NB today....Sprayin'

Took a ride in Gary\'s NB today....Sprayin\' Now I know what NoS feels like in a TDI. Gary's car was quick before, but with a shot of laughing gas it feels like a big block under the hood! I'm talking about serious torque, it really pushes you back in the seat. No need to look at the speedo...
  5. S

Question about timing

I'm getting ready to change my belt and thought I'd ck. my timing before I started. In basic settings blocks 2&9, it reads 44/133. This doesn't make sense to me because the last time I checked it I thought it was 70/110. The last time I checked was about 20k ago. The strange part to me is power...
  6. S

Atlanta GTG Saturday April 27th

This is for all VW, it will be at Andretti speed labs in Roswell. SouthernVolks is putting this together, if interested here's a link telling about it. This should make for a fun day.http://www.southernvolks.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000086.html [ April 23, 2002, 15:58: Message edited by: speedrcr ]
  7. S

FS VW Diesel pick-up

A friend of mine has this truck and asked me if I would post it on here for him. It's wired for towing and runs OK, not much power, (I'm use to to my TDI) . anyway, if interested E-mail me for his #. Asking $850 OBO [ March 13, 2002, 19:31: Message edited by: speedrcr ]
  8. S

A new VW TDI owner

A friend of mine that lives in Jacksonville FLA. has,um...had a Honda civic. He drove my Jetta last summer and was very impressed. He was in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and wanted to check out the car again. He drove it some more and asked many questions. I got a call from him yesterday. He...
  9. S

OK guys-what really needs to be done MEAT and POTATOES

'01tdi, speed cost money...how fast do you want to go $350 bucks will get you this...Upsolute I haven't run a 1/4, but I did run a 10.20 1/8th. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it helps keep the intake clean, and reduces smoke...no power gain though.
  10. S

Tire Question

I'm looking into getting a new set. I had decided on the Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus, but the reviews on the Bridgestone Potenza RE950 are better. Has anyone tried either tire?...comments?...Thanks! BTW, I'm keeping the stock size 195/65-15
  11. S

Dyno tested my car today

The last time I tested my car was at 19k miles. power at the wheels: 19k 111.3hp @ 3700 198.28 torque @ 2200 40k 116.93 @ 3600 203.11 torque @ 2400 here's the interesting part. at 4500 rpm's power was 98.5 at 19k miles, but today it was 105.3. This engine pulls strong to redline. The...
  12. S

Atlanta Dyno day 11/10/2001

The people over at SouthernVolks (a local VW club) is arranging a dyno day for Saturday November the 10th. Lets get a strong TDI showing together. This is where Gary and I have done our dyno testing in the past. Here's the link where you can post if interested, they are taking head count...
  13. S

I'm not going to make it to the fest

I\'m not going to make it to the fest As much as I would like to go, I would rather have family peace. My wife doesn't want to fly right now, and the rest of my family has been on me not to go since last week,,so today I gave in. I'm really bummed out right now, I was looking foward to going...
  14. S

TDI Fest 2000 CD

I'm burning CD-R copies (mpeg format) of the of the Video we took at the Fest last year. I will have them with me in Utah. I don't know how many I'll make, at least 20. I'm not charging anything for them....But Fred might appreciate donations. The video is 13 minutes long, about half at...
  15. S

Utah Relief Map

I came across this looking for info. on Utah, I thought it was pretty cool. http://www.moab-utah.com/maps/reliefmap.html
  16. S

Am I the only one flying to the GTG?

Just curious. I'm sure gonna feel out of place in a rental.
  17. S

Dyno test - Stock VS. Upsolute - Atlanta GTG.

The car is a 2001 Jetta 5spd. with Texaco premium Diesel, about 20k. miles. The temperature was 80. The run labeled "SPEEDRCR.002" was with the Upsolute chip ONLY. The run labeled "SPEEDRCR.003" WAS 100% STOCK. Thanks to Gary Miyakawa for making this possible. Remember folks, these...
  18. S

EPA Green Vehicle Guide

The VW Diesel gets the worst possible rating of 1. Even Our Durango got a higher rating with a 4, what's wrong with this picture...Crappy fuel! http://www.epa.gov/autoemissions/smcar-01.htm They posted that the low sulfer Diesel won't be out untill 2006...
  19. S

TDI Fest 2000 Video on CD

Well folks, better late than never. I took some video at the fest last year and with the help of Gary Miyakawa it is now in very high quality mpeg format on CD, much better than the race between Gary and Uwe that I made last year. What can I say Gary's computer is better....I know his car is...
  20. S

I knew it would happed sooner or later.......

Today I was going to Work running at 2200RPM's in 4th. I floored it and noticed slight clutch slippage. So I had to experiment with it. In 5th. it will slip if I'm in the range of 1900 and 2500RPM's. The strange part is I've NEVER noticed any clutch slippage untill today. I'm gonna nurse it as...