Search results

1. L

Passat safety check

I got a letter yesterday saying my car was part of a safety check. Some left the factory without some kind of seat guard. Anyone else get this? Sounds like a pretty minor issue. I will probably just wait for 10k service but if I knew what to look for I could check myself.
  2. L

Freestanding GPS mounting Location

I recently purchased a garmin gps unit. I have it mounted to the windshield to the left of the steering wheel. It appears to be an ok location but curious if anyone else has another suggestion for a mounting location.
  3. L

Rear headrest

Are the rear headrests removable. I tried the other day and could not remove them.
  4. L

Trunk Space

Originally, I thought the trunk space in my passat was pretty good but now I am disappointed. My daugter is in a wheelchair and I cannot get the wheelchair into the car. The trunk just isn't deep enough. I am planning on removing the trim around the latch and/or modifying the bottom of trunk...
  5. L

storage bin

What are you guys keeping in the small storage bin to the left of the stering colunm. I have been using it for phone and wallet.
  6. L

Cooling Fan

When I shut off my passat tonight, the cooling fan remained on for about 10 mins. While I have had other cars that did this (including 83 Scirocco) I don't ever remember it staying on so long. Have others experienced this? Any concerns?
  7. L

premium diesel in nj

Any premium diesel locations in new jersey? I have not seen anything label as such.
  8. L

Three 12V Outlets

I thought there was supposed to be three 12V outlets in the car. I see the one in front of the shifter and one in the center armrest/console. Where is the third?
  9. L

portable navigation and/or phone apps

I have a Passat SE with MT. There was no option to add a navigation but I hear the VW navigation units aren't that great anyway. That being said, have any 2012 Passat owners added a portable navigation unit? How about using a smart phone as the navigation. I am also curious of mounting...
  10. L

Lukoil Diesel Prices

RUG=$3.19, Diesel=$4.39 This is going to hurt the fuel saving numbers. Their RUG is a bit lower than others (avg in NJ is prob around $3.25) and their Diesel is much higher (others around $3.80). What is so different with Lukoil? Are they at a much higher Cetane level and/or better...
  11. L

post pics?

How do you attached a pic to a post...FAQs mention an attachement icon but I am not seeing it...Sorry for simple question but I just don't see it.