Search results

1. S

WTB: ALH Jetta Wagon GLS w/ leather

I'll pay well for a copy that's well maintained and in great shape. Tranny negotiable but I'd prefer a 5spd. I'd also prefer leather because of dog. My profile is probably wrong - I'm in NC at the moment but I'd be willing to fly and drive for the right car. Thanks!
  2. S

Camber Adjustment with Ball Joints

I took my '03 Jetta in for 4 new tires and asked for a 4 wheel alignment to be done. When I returned, they told me that they weren't able to get the camber and cross camber numbers into spec. The tech said they loosened and shifted the cradle over as far as it would go but it still wasn't...
  3. S

Canoe Hauling

Has anyone figured out a good way to secure the bow and stern of a canoe to a Jetta? There isn't any towing loop I've seen on the front and the towing loop on the back is off center.
  4. S

Rock Caught in Caliper-Anyone else?

I was driving home a few days ago on a road that had alot of left over gravel from road saltings. A horrible squealling emitted from the front right wheel. At first I thought it was the serpentine but I quickly figured that out I stopped, the noise stopped. I had no choice but to continue...
  5. S

Turbo spooling while not moving?

Should I be able to hear the turbo spool while sitting still and tapping the accelerator? I also noticed I could hear a spooling noise this morning when downshifting to brake. It may coincidence, but I performed the EGR mod and "shudder" (fuel quantity at idle) adjustment with VAG-COM last...
  6. S

Noise from Injection Pump? Getting Used to Diesel

The question is...do injection pumps on TDI's have a "characteristic sound?" You know, much like a fuel pump on a gasser has a whine. Mine (engine, I'm not sure of the culprit-that's why I'm asking) has a once per rev whiring noise that goes away as soon as I come off idle. I thought it might...