Search results

1. S

WTB: ALH Jetta Wagon GLS w/ leather

Thanks! I sent you a PM.
  2. S

WTB: ALH Jetta Wagon GLS w/ leather

I'll pay well for a copy that's well maintained and in great shape. Tranny negotiable but I'd prefer a 5spd. I'd also prefer leather because of dog. My profile is probably wrong - I'm in NC at the moment but I'd be willing to fly and drive for the right car. Thanks!
  3. S

XTool experience YES it reads DSG temp

I know this is an old thread, but I just used this tool to disable the hill hold function in the ABS controller. When I first tried it, it said "Function not supported on this vehicle" but after updating the scanner's firmware I was able to flip bit 0 of byte 16 in the coding block. Not bad for $80!
  4. S

My '12 TDI JSW

Funny, I looked at that photo and immediately recognized (I think) those apartments. I grew up in Blacksburg, went to Tech, now I live out in Oregon. I towed a 5x8 trailer from Blacksburg to Oregon with my old '03 TDI. It was hard, but it did it. Congrats on the new wagon - I love mine!
  5. S

Wanted: ECU definition files

It says Subaru only on the website. You know anyone who's gotten it to work with a VW ECM?
  6. S

Camber Adjustment with Ball Joints

Thanks everyone. I should add that occasionally when I'm in reverse and backing up with wheel turned I get a very loud clunk when I hit the brake. I believe it usually happens when the wheel is turned left and it sounds like it comes from the right front side of the suspension. I've jacked...
  7. S

Camber Adjustment with Ball Joints

I took my '03 Jetta in for 4 new tires and asked for a 4 wheel alignment to be done. When I returned, they told me that they weren't able to get the camber and cross camber numbers into spec. The tech said they loosened and shifted the cradle over as far as it would go but it still wasn't...
  8. S

Canoe Hauling

Thanks, I saw the boss on the front and guessed it might be for a hook, but I didn't know one came with the car.
  9. S

Canoe Hauling

Has anyone figured out a good way to secure the bow and stern of a canoe to a Jetta? There isn't any towing loop I've seen on the front and the towing loop on the back is off center.
  10. S

Noise and timing belt tensioner

darn, just saw this post a day late. I had the same noise from my 03 Jetta. Sort of a squishing noise once per rev that also went away when warm. There was also a very subtle whirring noise that persisted all the time. There was also considerably more clatter and the engine just didn't seem...
  11. S

Rock Caught in Caliper-Anyone else?

I was driving home a few days ago on a road that had alot of left over gravel from road saltings. A horrible squealling emitted from the front right wheel. At first I thought it was the serpentine but I quickly figured that out I stopped, the noise stopped. I had no choice but to continue...
  12. S

Turbo spooling while not moving?

Thanks for the assurance. Before I bought the car I drove 220 miles in a weekend with the CEL on due to a burned temp sensor in the injection pump. It drove great (well enough for me to buy it). They replaced the injection pump before I drove it away and so far no problems (brand new...
  13. S

Turbo spooling while not moving?

Should I be able to hear the turbo spool while sitting still and tapping the accelerator? I also noticed I could hear a spooling noise this morning when downshifting to brake. It may coincidence, but I performed the EGR mod and "shudder" (fuel quantity at idle) adjustment with VAG-COM last...
  14. S

Noise from Injection Pump? Getting Used to Diesel

No, it's not the turbo. I know what that sounds like. It's not high pitched-it's more of periodic droning almost like the fan in your computer case.
  15. S

Noise from Injection Pump? Getting Used to Diesel

The question is...do injection pumps on TDI's have a "characteristic sound?" You know, much like a fuel pump on a gasser has a whine. Mine (engine, I'm not sure of the culprit-that's why I'm asking) has a once per rev whiring noise that goes away as soon as I come off idle. I thought it might...