Search results

1. S

Window Comfort !

How about a 2015. 😁
  2. S

Overboost?

Is there a tune or other changes to the platform? Boost is good, why complain...😆
  3. S

CVCA injector upgrade

Yes, I'm aware of SS work that some have had, like I mentioned. It would be good if they had more info included on the website. Edit, they have services but offer no products specifically....
  4. S

CVCA injector upgrade

I recently browsed the S&S website and saw nothing VW related. I know some have had work done there so I did inquire. This was their reply: "We don’t offer any products for the TDI platform yet. However we are able to test/upgrade customer supplied injectors if you would like to go that route."...
  5. S

CVCA injector upgrade

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/solenoid-injector-upgrade-for-mk6-mk7-oval-port-2-0-tdi-cr-engines.html
  6. S

CVCA injector upgrade

I don't believe the piezo inj will play with your stock ECU. Is an ECU swap even possible without wreaking havoc on everything else??
  7. S

CVCA injector upgrade

Why not upgrade the turbo to max out the cyl heads hp capability of approx 270ish fhp? I mean why leave 20fwhp on the table?
  8. S

Darkside Hard Pipe Kit CJAA

I wonder if some of the fitment issues are due to the charge pipe being 50ish% larger in dia....40ishmm vs 60ishmm? And does it "need" to be? Edit: Oops.....that's on the Mk7 CP....sorry
  9. S

Darkside Hard Pipe Kit CJAA

I wonder if this has anyplace in this conversation? https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-aluminium-charge-pipe-kit-for-mk7-platform-vehicles.html It doesn't say anything about man vs dsg....? I know there can be a language barrier at times between mk7 and NMS and "...
  10. S

2013 Golf full rawtek exhaust throwing codes

We're all those bits "tuned out"?
  11. S

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

I don't believe any of the available drop in LEDs for our cars are DOT legal.....for the obvious reasons of a housing/reflector not designed for the light output.
  12. S

looking for stock 2014 Passat wheels

I found a set of 17" to use as winter wheels and save my 18's from winters wrath. Found them locally on Car-part.com....local in RI, but with a TDI many states become local...lol Have you considered having yours restored? I've never had a wheel restored,ntheresca couple places around that does...
  13. S

Connecticut emissions, do they check for a cat?

You could of opt for the kit with a cat, it cuts down on the diesel odor. Curious as to why you didn't opt for a cat....
  14. S

Highway Hauler - 2014 Passat TDI SE

Silver? Top pic looks like my '15 TDI....color wise. I also have a Malone Stg2 and DSG tune and front (345mm) and rear (310mm) 2008 R32 brakes (best mod IMO). For suspension, I installed an H&R 24mm RSB. I do want to further my suspension mods while keeping a nice ride. What have you done? I've...
  15. S

Which v-band weld flange to buy for bv43 turbo?

Anything in here?.... https://www.aceraceparts.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAiP2tBhBXEiwACslfnjQWcHfP3-v-ADJXPsY_kBqTix6R-LNts_8Ni9EUA-rnGpr52DlcgRoCxWAQAvD_BwE
  16. S

Am I missing something, or is Darkside's DPF delete kit less than half the price of Rawtek's? Why is this the case?

Not 100%, but I believe he's referring to E85 type fuels ("gasahol")...?
  17. S

Power Steering Moan

I may have exaggerated "as I approach full lock", caught it today, it's as I'm turning the wheel from center to L or R with a slight delay off center. I was thinking a rack issue....for now I'm not going to worry about it until something goes majorly wrong.....thanks guys!
  18. S

Battery cables reversed on install - 2015 Passat SE 6MT with 162k

Sorry, nothing to add. But, I can relate.....😁
  19. S

Power Steering Moan

Hi all, I have a 2015 Passat w/130k on it. Occasionally, my power steering will moan as I approach max L or R steer angles. Kind of sounds like a power steering pump would sound if low on fluid. Where might I focus my attention on these newer variants? I seldom, as not at all, hear any issues...
  20. S

Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3

No comparison at half tread vs New or? Are we comparing half worn out tires to new? Because that's what's compared....just saying. 😁