Search results

1. POWERSTROKE

2015 Passat dtc codes.

Can someone tell me where to start with these codes? It's a friend of mines car and he needs some help. This is a 1.8T
  2. image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

3. POWERSTROKE

Timing Belts, big jobs in NH

Thanks!!
  4. POWERSTROKE

Any New Hampshire guys?

What was the labor cost? Looks to be about $2k in labor?
  5. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

This may very well be true. But my post clearly states 2002 Golf. Those screws are behind the wheel on mine too. I turned the wheel all the way one way to get one out and all the way the other way to get the other out. Then just dropped the cover straight down. I asked a couple times and was...
  6. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

Received the housing tonight from a trusted vendor. Swapped the lock cylinder in, and used the pan head bolts as oil hammer suggested. Took about 25 minutes to get everything back together. not sure why people are taking the steering wheel, airbag or stalks off. I found it totally unnecessary...
  7. POWERSTROKE

Timing Belts, big jobs in NH

Does anyone do trustworthy work on A4 Tdis in New Hampshire? I'm up in Bath.
  8. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

So, now that I'm using the hex head bolts, how tight should these things be? Snugged down? Thank you everyone for the help. Sorry if o annoyed you Brian. I'm a measure 2x cut once guy.
  9. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

10. IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

11. IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

12. IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

13. IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

14. IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

15. IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

16. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

No need to take the steering wheel and airbag off. I used combination cutting slots and using a chisel as suggested. Went to ace and bought the hex heads as suggested and they fit. Hopefully the part is here Saturday. Maybe I am more skilled than others😀 No need to be nasty. Take a nap.
  17. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

Where can I get the replacement regular bolts? I just got the whole thing apart.
  18. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

What am I doing with the chisel? Destroying the top of the head? Making a slot?
  19. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

How do I get the bolts out
  20. POWERSTROKE

2002 Golf lock cylinder.

So Brian, I bought the housing from one of our vendors. My tumbler and antenna work. I was able Tom pop that right out with. Paper clip after lining the hole and dot up. You say to chisel thw bolts out, what is the idea behind this? also, I have all thw trim out, it came out with zero problem...