Search results

1. T

Diesel Geek Parts for MK6 JSW - Nashville, TN

I have the following parts that will be coming off my car before the buyback in a few months. I really hate to part with either, but don't want VW to have parts they don't want or need on the car. I have put about 60K miles on the car with these parts, so they are used but serviceable condition...
  2. T

FS: 17" Porto Wheels w/ decent tires - Nashville, TN

SOLD LOCALLY 02/21/16. I have a set of 4 Portos from the 2013 JSW for sale. Car has 72K. Tires are ContiPro Contacts with about 33K on them. All wheels are balanced and run straight and true. Three are in perfect shape. One has some curbing from the previous owner. PM me with email address or...
  3. T

Dealer Offerings, Incentives and Other Loyalty Tactics

I looked around this morning to find a place to post this letter I received from my dealer yesterday. All the threads I found on this "issue" had been locked. I apologize to the mods in advance if this is inappropriate, but I don't think so. I simply want to chronicle incentives, offerings...
  4. T

FS/FT 2013 MDI Storage Box & Cable - JSW

I do not use the MDI interface found in the center console of my 2013 JSW. I would like to replace it with the non-MDI insert that has more storage. Two options here: 1. I will sell you my MDI storage box insert with cable. $50 shipped OR 2. I will trade with you for your non-MDI center...
  5. T

Adding Key/Remotes for 2000 Beetle

I did some searching and did not come up with any definitive threads or answers. We just bought a 2000 beetle for my daughter. It came with only one key/remote. We would like to add one or two remotes so we parents can have our own. There are tons of remotes with blank keys for sale on Amazon...
  6. T

FS: 2010 Jetta Sportwagon TDI, Nashville, TN

Ok, I had this on the market briefly back in November and took it off due to unforeseen circumstances. Now I am ready to move it. Was $10,500. Price lowered to $9,500. 2010 JSW DSG Pano roof with dark tint 168K miles Good tires Complete listing with price, maintenance history and photos...
  7. T

Worn CV Joint Question

What is the normal life expectancy for a CV joint/half shaft assembly? Can worn CV joints cause steering/tracking issues; most noticeable at highway speeds? (differential pull at each front wheel?) The car has 155K miles, and is otherwise in good operating condition.
  8. T

Still Impressed With The JSW!

I just returned from an 900 mile Easter weekend trip to Western NC and back with the wife and 2 tweenagers. We averaged 42 mpg on the trip there and 43+ on the return trip. The odometer turned over 135,000 miles today while returning. We have almost new Continental PureContact Ecoplus tires now...
  9. T

Rear Shock Removal - Quick Question

Can the lower bolts that attach the shocks be removed without dropping the arms and taking the springs out? On a JSW?
  10. T

Diesel exhaust smell and low MPG

I've recently caught a few whiffs of real old-fashioned diesel exhaust smell around my car with no other diesel powered engines operating nearby. While I love the smell, I also know this can be indicative of some larger problem starting. I have no CELs. I also must say that recently I've been...
  11. T

Tiguan Front Springs - Nashville, TN

For Sale, one set of front Tiguan springs with the following color dot sequence: (green, red, white, white) $50 I bought a complete set of stock 2wd (non-sport) springs, shocks, struts from a guy that lowered his 4,000 mile young Tiggy. I used most everything on my JSW except the front coil...
  12. T

Ball Joint Removal

I'm working through refreshing the front end, and have done LCA bushings and struts. Im working on ball joints now, and cannot figure out how to get the ball joint to come out... The bottom three nuts are a breeze, but the main tapered shaft will not budge. I've tried the method detailed in the...
  13. T

Battery/Ground Issues

I've been having low battery symptoms. They mainly show up when starting... Sometimes crank with no start, it just doesnt seem to be turning over fast enough. If i try again, it has always started. Had very slow crank and no start Monday. A jump start did the trick, but the battery tested ok a...
  14. T

I Wonder Why It Wanders?

The issue here is that recently (in the last 6-9K miles or three months or so) my JSW seems to be much more susceptible to grooved pavement or concrete. Lately it has even started wandering within the lane when there is some rutting of the pavement. I summary it just doesn't feel "planted" like...
  15. T

Remote Programming - 2010 JSW

Questions re: 2010 JSW Let's start by saying that I do have both original remote key fobs and a valet key. They all work to start and drive the car, so this is not an immobilizer issue. However, the remotes have become finicky lately, so I've been anticipating battery changes for both. I will...
  16. T

Nashville to Glenwood Springs, CO

Hey all, Nashville, TN --------1,400 miles---------->> Glenwood Springs, CO Nashville, TN <<------1,400 miles------------ Nashville, TN I'm planning a trip over the week of Christmas with my family. I plan to report experiences here in this thread. My wife and I grew up in Ohio, so we have...
  17. T

Non-Start? Not Exactly

Over the last several months it has seemed that I have had to hold the key in the start position a few milliseconds longer than normal. On occasion if I don't hold it there long enough, the car... won't start. I'm not sure this would be considered a non start since I can cycle the key and...
  18. T

Tennessee Member Sound-off

TNRiverjet here in Nashville... I know we have a few members near hear. St. Hubbins, AppleTechTN, Logan?..
  19. T

Diesel Vehicles in South America

I was in Ecuador last week, and saw some cool diesel options... all without emissions control garbage and no DPFs! Chevy Luv DMax (seemed to be the truck to have) Toyota Hilux (also very popular) various vintages of both from current to rather old and ratty. VW Amarok (not as common, and only...
  20. T

Diesel Prices in Ecuador

Hey group, I was in Ecuador last week. As many of you know, there are diesel vehicles galore outside the US. Many SUVs and small pickups have diesel options there. I rode extensively in a 2009 Chevy LUV DMax 4x4. Diesel was 1.049 USD/gallon... Yes, US dollars and GALLONS. He drove that 3.0...