Search results

1. Hollyfeld

SOLD - 2005 Mk4 for sale

SOLD
  2. Hollyfeld

Drive it, fix it, or sell it?

Hello all. It’s been a long time since I have visited these forums. My 2005 Jetta has been a wonderful car to drive; I absolutely love it ! I don’t want to sell it, I have the money to fix it, but I’m curious what others think. Here are the current issues with the car. Original clutch with...
  3. Hollyfeld

Chirping sound

My stock turbo bit it a few months back and I had the Borg Warner installed. This turbo makes a lot more noise when under load - more of a SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound, which is ok. The other day i heard an odd chirp while under load. I did my best to record it. 1...
  4. Hollyfeld

*pop* Huge white cloud of smoke

Pulling onto Route 80 last night from 206, I was speeding up when suddenly there was this subtle pop and relaxing of the gas pedal and a HUGE white cloud of smoke from the car. I immediately pulled over and had to pull infront of (cut off?) a State Trooper who also pulled over and called a tow...
  5. Hollyfeld

1 year anniversary

It's been 1 year and 1 day since I purchased my TDI. Over the course of the last year I rekindled my love of driving for pleasure. I found a great mechanic/Guru, Hevster1 up in Montague, NJ. I drove places I would have dreaded going in my Jeep Wrangler, which got 16mpg if i was lucky. I can...
  6. Hollyfeld

Sunroof open and air comes from vents

I've noticed that when my sunroof is open in any position air comes from whatever vent I have my dial set to even if the fan is off. I can have the temperature setting on high, fan off, sunroof cracked and loads of heat comes from the vents. It only happens when I'm moving and if I turn the...
  7. Hollyfeld

2005 Jetta Wagon TDI

I just happened to be browsing Craiglist and found this. Figured I would post it here for more views. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2821717686.html
  8. Hollyfeld

Chester-Far Hills, NJ - MK4 Golf

Followed you on my usual morning commute along Old Chester Road and down into Far Hills onto 202.
  9. Hollyfeld

Worst luck with windshields

I have owned 8 cars in my life and I have replaced 10 windshields, tomorrow I add #11 to the list. I'm a magnet on the roads for flying stones. This is the 2nd one this year alone and it could have been the 3rd. Two months ago to the day is when i traded in my Jeep Rubicon for my Jetta. That...
  10. Hollyfeld

2005 MKIV Jetta

Here is my new to me MKIV Jetta. I picked her up back in October with only 38,000 miles on her. I've done the 40k tuneup and replaced a few pieces of interior trim that were beat up. All in all shes gorgeous inside and out. My first ever car was an 86 GLI and my second was a 92 GTI. I moved away...