Search results

1. G

'97 TDI engine into '97 VR6 possible?

A buddy has a '97 TDI wagon that he uses for work. Engine is great, body is shot. He found an immaculate '97 with a VR6. Both are 5 speed. Is this possible? Can just the engines be swapped with out removing tranny and Bell housing? I understand, fuel tank, lines, exhaust, ECM, wire harness...
  2. G

Coolant heater, Pulaski WI

See pic from fb for sale
  3. G

2000 JEDI TDI for sale @ TDI Fest

This is going to be a long one.... For sale at the TDI Fest (with portion of sale going to TDI CLUB) Will post some pics tomorrow 2000 JEDI TDI 426,000 miles tranny with 60,000ish miles MFA install Bilstiens all around VNT-25 turbo (yes, VNT-25) UPSolute FMIC UPSolute custom remote switchable...
  4. G

Over heating while full of coolant

Hey all. My 2000 TDI with 370,000 miles has just started to over heat. The odd thing is that the STOP warning comes on (my UK cluster) and then the temp hits 130. I stop and by the time I get to the engine the coolant is filled back up and when I get back into the car the temp comes back down...
  5. G

VNT25 install (still shaking)

Well, after years of having a VNT25 from a Dodge Daytona (purchased new), I finally got it installed. For the last 265,000 miles (of 341,000 total), I have been running a K04. The K04 was great and I had the boost capped at 24PSI. Suddenly the K04 went south (the same time my mother went in for...
  6. G

1997 Passat TDI wagon FS Chicagoland

My buddy Ed is selling his 1997 Passat TDI Wagon. He slid into a curb a few days ago and now it pulls to the right I guess. He does not want to take the time to fix it so he wants to sell it. It would be a pickup only from Westmont Illinois (Ogden Ave. off of Rt. 83). I will put his phone number...
  7. G

a deer hit me tonite

So, on my way down from upnort, a deer ran into my car. I swerved as much as I could and avoided any front end damage. But, she got my windshield with her head (killed her dead) and she took out my mirror as well as denting the front door enough that you cannot open it any more. As for the...
  8. G

made my own muffler :D

At 330,000 miles I had to change my exhaust again (I have 2 1/4" running back from my KO4 turbo). It is all stainless and has a baffle as well as glass inside to keep it quiet but give it a nice throaty sound. Here is a pic of it.
  9. G

VNT25 (VNT actuator theory)

well, i'll be darned... looks like i can post offer all :) Hi again all. for those that don't know me, that is prolly a good thing. regardless, I am in the process of putting a VNT25 on my car and need input on the VNT actuation PSI. I will be using PSI instead of the stock vacuum system as i...
  10. G

16" Jetta/Golf (A4) aluminum wheels with tires

16\" Jetta/Golf (A4) aluminum wheels with tires CLICK HERE FOR EBAY AUCTION
  11. G

FS: Quaife Diff and Remote start for VW (+Diesels)

On ebay (mine) remote starter Quiafe diff for 02J
  12. G

F/S .205 sprint injectors (set up by Greg)

i have a set of .205 Sprint injectors for sale. i had them set up by Greg. i will trade the whole injector body/nozzle for a set of .184's/body/nozzles. basically swap them up plus $200. send me an e-mail if you are interested.
  13. G

Quaife diff F/S, Brand New (still in wrapper)

anyone looking for a Brand new Quaife, let me know. i got it for $800 (plus shipping). someone owed me money and this is how they paid me send me an email if interested. thanks
  14. G

175,000 miles. 3 years 3 months (2000 JEDI)

there it is the only things i have replaced are: 17k & 75k miles - MAF (w/OEM filter). i have replaced MAF's since then but only to put on somone else's car to help them out. 100k miles - rear brakes 60k & 120K - Timing Belt other then that; headlights (PIAA's burn out very 6 months )...
  15. G

1997 Passat TDI N75 Part Number ?

i searched Impex but could not find it. i tried to search here but nothing came up or the forums where done, one or the other but i did try . thanks for the info.
  16. G

Wisconsin timing belt/chippingGTG

as stated in this thread, this thread here with in will decide what to do. option #1- someone in the Milwaukee/Madison area host a GTG that i can do some timing belts at and chip a few cars along with other TDI tweaks (maybe MOGolf will show to borrow me some tools too ). here is a link to...
  17. G

delete this please

i will figure this polling thing out sooner or later [ November 20, 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: UPsolute Chip Tuning by garrett P. ]
  18. G

2nd anual bonfire @ garrettp's or Mad.-Milw. GTG thread

2nd anual bonfire @ garrettp\'s or Mad.-Milw. GTG thread as stated in this thread, this thread here with in will decide what to do. option #1- someone in the Milwaukee/Madison area host a GTG that i can do some timing belts at and chip a few cars along with other TDI tweaks (maybe MOGolf will...
  19. G

who's going to the detroit auto show?

who\'s going to the detroit auto show? my brother has agian told me he would liek to go to the Detroit Auto show this year as he has been telling me for the past, i don't know 10 years. anyhow, who is all going and when. when is the best time/day to go to see all the good stuff (that would be...
  20. G

who from Bloomington Ill. is buy a '96 Passat wagon tomorrow?

who from Bloomington Ill. is buy a \'96 Passat wagon tomorrow? a friend of mine in Illinois was trying to buy a '96 Passat TDI Wagon but it seems someone from Bloominton beat him to the punch just curious