Search results

1. D

wtb mk4 golf headlights

PM's replied to.. Found some, Thanks guys
  2. D

wtb mk4 golf headlights

As it says need a pair of golf headlights oem please. Pm with what you have condition etc. Thanks
  3. D

Memorial Gathering for Oilhammer's son, St. Louis MO 04/22/17

My deepest condolences, this is where words/ our language fails us.
  4. D

10mm to 11mm pump swap

IIRC you need to look on pump body(flat spot) and look for 404 (11mm) or 414 (10mm)
  5. D

2002 5 speed shift problem (grinding)

FWIW I had a grind from 2nd to 3rd with my 02m, used The Penzoil syncromesh and it went away. 35,000 miles ago.
  6. D

Due for 3rd timing belt - what else to change?

Good catch. Or be prepared to heli coil. Third time seems to be about the limit of the aluminum. It might prevent that oh s**t moment preventing you from completing the job
  7. D

A/C system pressure

Maybe a dumb question but are you certain the compressor is engaging? If it is then equal low and high sides could indicate bad compressor providing you don't have restrictions. You can check for a bad clutch by jumping compressor. As Andy said you may be over charged, you need the specs for...
  8. D

A/C system pressure

pressure will equalize with motor off. Don't know if you have gauges but you need some. Otherwise you are flying blind. You need to check high and low sides to determine anything. Search youtube, Scotty Kilmore IIRC goes through everything, short to the point.
  9. D

Dangerous Jerking After Shift

Check your outer cv joints, my car had same symtpoms
  10. D

2nd annual winter coolant leak 02 Golf TDI

FWIW There is an o ring where the flange attaches to the cylinder head at coolant temp sensor. mine was leaking there
  11. D

Replacing leaking coolant flange

Just did mine, sounds like you have it all covered
  12. D

transmission interchangeability?

What he said, the drw and one other have the tallest 6th, Huge difference if you drive 80 mph interstates as I do:)
  13. D

Post 200k mileage maintenance/parts?

struts, lca bushings, sway bar bushings, and rear axle bushings on mine
  14. D

A/C not working (2000 Jetta ALH)

Checking fuses and fans is good, once you determine all is good the next step is finding out if there is a charge in the system. To do this you must have gauges. There is a guy on you tube I think his name is Scotty Kilmer. It's fairly short and explains everything. Good luck
  15. D

A/C not working (2000 Jetta ALH)

Get some cheap gauges from china freight or other, lots of stuff on you tube to watch
  16. D

Just bought a mkiv tdi. Heater core has to be leaking

Absolutely, what do you have to lose?
  17. D

Car Seat Covers

Nice looking covers, I need to do something myself. If you go that route let us know what you think. Thanks
  18. D

Mk4 Golf parts. Involved in front crash, silver/grey cloth

OK , sorry for your loss BTW. if you come up with them you can pm me thanks
  19. D

Mk4 Golf parts. Involved in front crash, silver/grey cloth

Did the front bumper side vents survive? I Need a pair