Search results

1. K

Oil extraction versus draining

I searched this forum but could find no reference to this previously. While picking up oil and a filter at my local VW dealer, I declined a new drain plug and told them that I use a Pela oil extractor and that I did not need to undo the drain plug. The parts guy suggested that I should drain...
  2. K

Is a lighter force clutch available?

Does anyone know if there is a lighter clutch aftermarket upgrade available for a 2005 Jetta TDI? I find the pedal pressure too hard after spending time in heavy traffic. I sat in a 2006 TDI the other day and the pedal felt like it was half the pressure compared to mine. The parts guy told me...
  3. K

Reducing clutch pedal force

I have a 2005 Jetta TDI. Does anyone know if there is an available oem clutch kit which could be installed in place of the stock offering to reduce pedal activation pressure? Is there a master/slave hydraulic retrofit that would accomplish the same? The 2006 Jatta TDI clutch is much lighter. The...
  4. K

Clutch power assist kit?

I have recently developed ankle/foot problems and changing gear is becoming a real pain. if the clutch was lighter like the gasser models it would be OK. I was wondering if anyone knew of a clutch add-on power assist kit for a 2005 Jetta TDI. I was thinking of modifting it myself by adding a...
  5. K

Oil filter wrench for 2005 Mk IV Jetta TDI

Does anyone know where I can purchase an oil filter wrench for my 2005 Mk IV Jetta TDI? I believe it is 74mm with 14 flats. I've searched TDIClub but came out with nothing. Amamzon.com has one but they won't ship to Canada. Thanks.
  6. K

Will Jetta V TDI be underpowered?

Just read the other day that the new Jetta V will be 140kg heavier than the Jetta IV. Does anybody think that the car will feel underpowered with the current 100hp PD? We won't get the more powerful 16 valve engine until the low sulphur diesel arrives in 2006. Wonder if it is worth waiting until...
  7. K

Just received new Jetta info from VW Canada

I'm on their mailing list and I just recieved this peek into the new Jetta. If you look you can see what they are delivering and when. http://www.vw.ca/vwca/presentation/ca_m_newjetta/0,,40,00.html (copy and paste the whole URL into your browser to get to the page including the ,,40,00.html)
  8. K

Winter tires for the Jetta V

Does anyone know what tire size the new Jetta V will have? Would it be the same as the Jetta IV (195/65R15)? I currently drive a Volvo S40 and I need winter tires now, but I want to use these tires on my new Jetta TDI that I am buying next summer.