Search results

1. D

Anyone have a used BEW EGR top tube they want to sell?

Hi there, I have a cracked EGR top tube and need to replace it. Everything else on my EGR system looks good so I'd love to simply replace the tube. I don't mind if your used tube has clogging, I can clean it. My EGR bracket wasn't attached, which is probably why my tube cracked in the first...
  2. D

Door open light on. Doors closed, VCDS says doors closed.

Anyone seen this? And then, I would assume that both my switch for the hood and trunk are open, but both hood and trunk are closed. Then I unhooked the hood switch wire connection and "closed" the switch by shorting across the computer side of the connection. VCDS still claimed the hood...
  3. D

CEL - O2 sensor only (too rich) BEW

Hi there, Recently fixed a turbo overboost issue (bad N75) and hoped it would take care of an O2 sensor too rich, but alas it has not. I seem to have steady vacuum, had a shop do a smoke test and also checked that vacuum stays in the system after engine shut down using the Mightyvac. Is there...
  4. D

CEL - O2 sensor and turbo overboost - BEW

Hi there! Been chasing down this issue for a while now doing things like smoke testing the vacuum lines (no leaks there), put a new O2 sensor in (same codes came back). I guess I need to dive in deeper, so I'm looking for advice of what to do next. I haven't cracked open any EGR stuff, so EGR...
  5. D

Anyone with VCDS in Portland, Oregon?

I've been chasing down a O2 sensor issue (due to code P2196) that may not actually be an O2 sensor issue. Anyone willing to do a scan that has a better scanner than mine? I don't have VCDS. Thank you so much! Doug 2004 Jetta Wagon GLS, TDI, manual, 250,000 miles
  6. D

Going to check EGR, do I need new bolts and gaskets?

Due to some sluggishness in the higher RPM range, I think I will check the EGR for plugging. Do I need to have a gasket and bolt kit ready to replace such items, or can I peek in without having to get all the replacement parts? I was reading through some of the posts and the article on TDI...