Search results

1. J

Bring on the Touran........Please

Merna nad I just returned from a 2 week tour of Germany and Austria. While there, we saw the new Touran (tall Mk5 Golf wagon/minivan), and were very impressed by the size/concept, and the thought of the 2L, 16v 134 bhp TDI with the 6 spd DSG gearbox. We saw perhaps 20-30 on the road, and...
  2. J

Status of BD in NC?

anybody have an update on the status of consumer pumps for BioD? The last I heard was there was going to be a consumer pump in the Raleigh/Cary/RDU area. Fill us in please. B20...B100? Jim
  3. J

want to help out on the BioD relay?

Check out this thread if you haven't already. The plan is to have drivers participate from coast to coast (including the 2003 Fest),trying to drum up interest in BioD. http://forums.biodieselnow.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=25 We are still formulating plans and ideas, but realize drivers are needed...
  4. J

Where do you get best mileage?

I have found my mileage to improve if I drop the BD percentage a little. I thought B20 was a good blend, but lately I have seen better mileage at lower levels. I have dropped from B20, B15 to B10, and think my mileage has improved. We are still getting winter blend, but I rang up 55.3 mpg on a...
  5. J

BioDiesel in Canada?

Is there any biodiesel available in the Toronto area? Can I refuel with bio for the return trip after the fest? Jim
  6. J

BioDiesel Relay?

Anybody interested in a coast-to-coast relay running Bio-diesel? Check out this tread.... http://forums.biodieselnow.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=305 On page four, Suzasum has tentatively laid out several route across the US from West to East, and is looking for participants. Timing is yet to be...
  7. J

Bio-Diesel in the Carolina's

Bio-Diesel in the Carolina\'s Welp, I'm about to take the plunge and go to Aiken SC for B100. They will sell me all I want in 5 gallon pails for $2/gal plus cost of the pail ($3 ea. and reuseable). I think I will pick up an initial load of 20 gals (4 x 5) and blend down to B20 for the...
  8. J

Bio-Diesel in NC?

Ever since the test run in Grand Rapids (and the follow-up 803 mile run on a tank), I have wanted to use BioD. I have read that as little as 2% proves beneficial in lubricity and smoke reduction. Anyone know a trusty source of B100 in the SE that would ship in as little as 5 gallon containers...
  9. J

Drive Carefully

It's almost time to pack for our third fest, and it goes without saying (but I will anyway)- PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY- Although Merna and I love our 00 NB, and it is a great road car, we are little and the SUV's are many. Please allow a few extra minutes (hours) for your trip and arrive safely...
  10. J

the never ending story of TS

Will the story of TS and the need for the cosmos engine set a new forum record? Although interesting reading, getting copied on dozens and dozens of emails (without my replying or commenting)is wearing a little thin. I want to thank all of you for your interest in keeping me up-to-the-minute...
  11. J

VWOA 24 hr Roadside Service is OK

Got my check from VW just 2 weeks after submission. They picked up the tab for the blown turbo just after the fest. Are we happy? You bet! Match that GM, Ford, Mopar. Towing, repair, rental car, motel and meals. All paid for by VWOA Roadside Assistance. We had three extra days "vacation" in...
  12. J

2001 Fest products SALE (shirts, hats) 50% OFF

Good prices. I'll take another ball cap, and a couple of T's (XL and L)in natural color, front embroidered, if available. Who should I Email.... -mickey? Let me know if these are still available, and I'll get the $$ with a shipping address back to you. Jim [ October 05, 2001: Message edited by...
  13. J

Get Psyched for TDIFEST 2001

....we leave 4 weeks from tomorrow (with or without mickey's "welcome package" and our T shirts). Hope the fires are all under control in Wyoming by then. Jim and Merna
  14. J

NB rear seat removal

Is there an easy way to remove the rear seat cushion to maximize the storage area behind the front seats? I hate to try bending the rods in order to "spring them" from the pivots. Helpful tips appreciated. Thanks, Jim
  15. J

Where's your "sweet spot?"

Where\'s your "sweet spot?" My chipped NB seems to run just about effortlessly at 2500 in fifth or 72 mph. At that speed, there are no vibrations, wind noise, or mechanical sounds coming from the road or running gear. Maybe it's the Upsolute, the Michelins, or the Amoco.....I'm not sure. I do...
  16. J

Big EZ is calling

Looks like the storm will pass in time for a dry ride to Narlins. Looking forward to seeing Omar/Karen, Rene/Kim, David/Sue, GassinGerhart, GarrettP, and others in joining the rites of passage into spring, and a good bye to winter. Sure hope there will be many others there, to help us consume...
  17. J

Is Evil on the road yet?

Hello Mickey- Know you've been busy drawing hand lettered invitations to 2001 Fest for the world wide TDi.com membership, but you probably wasted a minute or two on your social/family life too. My question to you is......is Evil breathing yet? Are you targeting a launch date to once again...
  18. J

Rooms available at the Inn

Act now before you miss out! There are still rooms with a view available at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone NP. This is the historic rustic Inn from the turn of the century, located at the world famous Old Faithful Geyser, in the heart of Yellowstone. If you are planning to see some sites...
  19. J

Nawlins in March xx ?

Well, I missed the last one, I sure as he!l don't want to miss the next one. I couldn't make it 60 miles, I'm sure going to try to make it 750 miles! Rene, you started this a way back when, but now it's time to talk this up again. We had our lousy weather...... it's time to think...
  20. J

Carolina GTG - Agenda?

Planning to attend the 12/15 & 12/16 GTG, and am wondering if there has been an agenda established for the weekend? Being close to Christmas, can I attend most of the events by arriving Saturday morning and leaving Sunday mid-day? Haven't made the reservations (yet) at the Ramada, and wonder if...