Search results

1. BobnOH

Hosting Software

Fred- What forum hosting software package do you use? Is it real expensive? Reason I ask, I'd like to recommend it to the hosts over at CRVOwnersClub. They just changed their software and it's real garbage.
  2. BobnOH

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) Forum

It would be great if there was a Sticky describing the difference between a VE and PD in the VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD). Much confusion noted there as well as lack of PD knowledge, although it's gotten much better as more folks are having issues with their 2004, 2005s.
  3. BobnOH

Moderators

Just wanted to say thank you to Fred and all the folks that make this site go. I use a lot of forums and this is the only one that has no Trackers. Outstanding!
  4. BobnOH

WTB: MK4 Panzer Plate Aluminum Skid Plate

Closed For my 2003 New Beetle. I imagine I'll need to get the mounting hardware new. Just not wanting to spend $300 on a new one.
  5. BobnOH

WTT: Bentley eBahn Factory Repair Manual

Want to trade my Bentley CD for a Bentley CD. Mine covers Golf, GTI, Jetta 1999-2004 and Jetta Wagon 2001-2004. I need one that covers 2003 New Beetle. I need to be able to get it to run on my PC. Bentley does not approve of any private exchange so licensing and registration could be an issue. I...
  6. BobnOH

Car For Sale

It would be real nice if folks would post the final selling price in their threads. I'm doing research for a totaled vehicle to establish insurance value. Most of the threads I see only list asking and many list nothing. Please!!
  7. BobnOH

Hack your car

Came across this in my Medium social network. Thought some of you folks might be interested in this. How to hack a car — a quick crash-course The goal of this article is to get you started hacking cars — fast, cheap, and easy. In order to do this, we’ll spoof the RPM gauge as an…
  8. BobnOH

Bentley ebahn on Windows 10

I'll soon be putting together a new computer. It will run Windows 10 Pro. Has anyone got their electronic Bentley software to run on that platform? It don't come with XP Mode like 7 did, but from what I'm reading it might run using compatibility mode. From past experience, I don't imagine I'll...
  9. BobnOH

test 125

test for poll
  10. BobnOH

test124

124 testing for poll
  11. BobnOH

early A4 front turn signal bulb

This is odd, I pulled the front left turn signal bulb to replace, it's marked 4157NAK. Must be a holdover from the '99 A3 (minesa 99.5). Is the 4157 series bulbs the same as the 3457?
  12. BobnOH

Tic tic, CV Joint?

So I have the familiar tic tic on wheel rotation, sounds like a CV joint to me but I am no car mechanic. Tic when turning left no tic when turning right. Sometimes when going straight. Doesn't seem to get louder with speed, can't quite hear it at higher speed. So I got underneath expecting...
  13. BobnOH

2009-2015 Emmission Controls

Just saw this over on another forum http://www3.epa.gov/otaq/cert/documents/vw-nov-caa-09-18-15.pdf
  14. BobnOH

ECU wire connector housing

I have cracked and destroyed the plastic locking mechanism on the plugs (52&28 pin) that connect to the ECU. The plugs are back on tight, but I might want to repair these in the future. If I purchase this- http://www.worldimpex.com/assets/partimages/037989.jpg Would I be able to swap out just...
  15. BobnOH

Wiper Motor Repair

Broke the plastic wiper motor drive. I have 3 options; 1. new motor 2. try to locate plastic piece 3. super glue. Anyone know where I might be able to purchase the plastic piece? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Bosch store where we could purchase the bits we need? Anyone who has dealt with...
  16. BobnOH

Exhaust System early A4 Jetta

So, after 15 years in the salt my muffler support has rusted through. I've rigged a new support, but a new exhaust is in my future. I know my downpipe is speckled with holes and all the pipes are pretty rusty. I'd like to know what products you folks are using to repair/replace the whole mess...
  17. BobnOH

VCDS + VagTacho

Are there any plans to incorporate the cluster read function into the VCDS device? Sure would be handy..............
  18. BobnOH

FS: VE Injection Pump 038130107D

I have a 10mm with 87k miles on it. It was rebuilt a year and a half ago by DFIS ($800) and run for 2,000 miles. I will ship it to you for $600 and guarantee it to work.
  19. BobnOH

Really Bad Idle -@witsEnd

I’ve been fighting this problem for 2 years, it’s getting worse. The car runs fine under load, but sometimes (most of the time lately), with no load, will sputter terribly. --Sound Clip-- (clutch in 10 sec. clutch out 10 sec.). I had it idling smooth a few days ago and it sounded (background...
  20. BobnOH

purchase 10mm IP

I'm buying a new Injection Pump. World Impex has it $300 cheaper than IDParts, but no warranty. Are they the same part? I've contacted both vendors, still don't know. Anyone purchased these recently? Please see this thread