Search results

1. E

Looking for a center head rest... Anyone got a spare?

Now you see where I am coming from. If it is on the internet it must be true so I must be simultaniously able to and not able to install my carseat in the center. For the time being I have placed mine on the passenger side (mainly because they continued to show either passenger or driver side...
  2. E

Looking for a center head rest... Anyone got a spare?

Putting a baby seat in the middle seat? I've got a kid due in 3 weeks and just got done placing the car seat. I read the manual 4 times and couldn't tell for sure if I was able to place a car seat in the center. The LATCH points are only on the passenger and driver side, but I was going to...
  3. E

Passenger Seat Space

6'8" is a whole different ballgame! Agreed you will more than likely need brackets for this. Shouldn't be overly expensive though as its just a couple of pieces of flat bar and bit of welding.
  4. E

Passenger Seat Space

I am 6'5" and regularly sit in the passenger seat. With the seat slid all the way back and ratched all the way down and leaned back a bit, my knees do not hit the dash. I've noticed that ratching the seat down as low as it will go does give an extra inch or so of room.
  5. E

Forget high what's the LOWEST mileage?

37 mpg on 2 occasions. First tank from the dealer and the 1st tank after getting my misfuel gaurd in place. I have a feeling the later wasn't really a full tank as it kept clicking off throughout the fill up so I just gave up. Fixed that problem real quick...
  6. E

What's everyone paying for diesel?

$3.79 B5-20 (only at the Murphy station) $3.89 D2 (Sheetz, Shell, BP) RUG is $3.51
  7. E

50,000 mile service average price???

According to the maintence manual, the 50K mile service should also include a brake fluid and clutch fluid change if you are running about 10k miles/year.
  8. E

Help, How do I reset computer ?

^ My 2012 has a push button start and if you simply press the start button quickly (do not hold down) it will turn on the accessories without cranking the motor. Press and hold and it will crank.
  9. E

Random...But

^ Agreed. I work in manufacturing and have actually taken things from the show to apply at the site I work. I even have my wife watching the show (much to the dismay of her family).
  10. E

Leith VW of Raleigh mechanics trusted?

Leith has been pretty good to me I must say. Not typically a fan of dealers (black listed from 2 local Dodge dealers) but Lieth did work with me on the IC Icing issue and got me covered under warranty. Also had a disagreement with them over the radiator leaking, but after reviewing with their...
  11. E

Safe Jack Points

They are about a foot in front of the rear tire and I believe about the same behind the front tire. The space is designated by an embossed triangle in the bottom trim that runs from the front wheel to the back. I had a hard time finding the triangles on mine due to dirt and grim, but once I...
  12. E

MK6 Jetta Mileage/Boasting Thread

2011: (9 cars) 168,000 MI 01/26/14 Dozenspeed Version: 6MT PRM-nav Owner: 1 TB: 2 DPF: 1 HPFP: 1 IC: 1 Note: oil ash load 150ml @ 160,041 MI -original brakes! 114,000 MI 01/26/14 rtking Version: DSG PRM-nav Owner: 1 TB: 1 DPF: 1 HPFP: 1 IC: 1 Note:Malone DSG tune. 70,100 MI 01/24/14 mac5155...
  13. E

What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

I completed the 40,000 mile service in the driveway this weekend along with the DSG fluid change. Not too bad. Using the VCDS was very straight forward and was able to prime the fuel pumps without issue. Also changed the oil and fuel filter in my Dodge so I've got about 5 gallons of used oil...
  14. E

Mk6 Jetta: Hard Start / No Start - Intercooler icing discussion in here!

Agreed with the above. Mine wouldn't crank and had it towed immediately (I was outside of warranty). Called the dealer first thing in the morning, told them it was hydro locked and provided them with the TSB. As I live in NC they had never seen it before but confirmed it quickly and got me...
  15. E

ChiTownPilot - I had mine done outside of warrenty. Car was completely locked up and had to have it towed in. As I live in NC it was the first the dealer had ever seen of the issue. VW covered everything and I was outside of my 36k mile warranty. It did say "good faith" on my invoice so not...
  16. E

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Picked my car up last night and no issues. I noticed on the invoice that it was the cold weather kit and a gasket. Leads me to believe they tossed my gasket similar to what ctmoore79 ran into and when he brought his back in, they realized the mistake and had to put a new one on mine. Either...
  17. E

Thanks for being the test car for the dealer! Mine finished up late yesterday and I'm headed to pick it up this afternoon after work. Hopefully they have this install down by now. Finally get to try out my new Ross Tech cable tonight in preparation for my 40k service in my driveway...
  18. E

Interesting you got yours out so soon. Dealer called me and said they were not getting the parts until Tuesday which means you were their first. Let me know what you find out on your car as I should be picking mine up tomorrow.
  19. E

^ you must be the other car the dealer was talking about on the phone with me today. i dropped mine off last night and put my keys in the "night owl" box. I wrote the TSB on the packet as it doesn't get cold enough for them to see these that often and wanted to make sure they checked. They...
  20. E

Update - Dealer just called and confirmed my car had the IC icing issue. First time the dealer had ever seen that (living in NC not surprised as we had mild winters the past few years). I wrote the TSB # on my ticket when I dropped it off just in case they hadn't seen it. Also was told they...