Search results

1. B

B5.5 HomeLink and LiftMaster GATE Opener

I just reprogrammed mine. You need an original opener to program the homelink. At least that's the procedure I used Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  2. B

Drop in cv axle cost?

Really? All I've read about aftermarket axles for the BHW causing all kinds of vibration at idle and the need for keeping the stock axles caused me to not take chances on them. Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  3. B

Timing belt Lifespan (miles)?

I agree that spending $6000 on a '90s Dodge was stupid. That's not what we're talking about [emoji849] Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  4. B

Front fenders with side lights on an '05 Passat

I've seen a TDI Wagon a few years back with the signals in the fenders. I thought it was odd at the time. I'm certain 'TDI' was on the back Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  5. B

Engine Pressure light battery light SUPER COLD

I can't keep my Frostheater from leaking. [emoji34] I had to take the second one off because of a leak. I'm not sure what's going on because Mr Frost told me he's never had one leak. [emoji57] Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  6. B

Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group

BTW, I have a diesel truck so I pump a lot of diesel and travel with both. Do you object to biodiesel? Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  7. B

Yellow. Foam and fuel. I didn't notice for awhile after purchasing our '05 Passat TDI but traveling to states that don't encourage and use a biodiesel blend, the fuel and foam is bright and clear white. The concentration makes a difference. Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  8. B

Verify 05 passat left(drivers) rear inner door seal part number

You're driving through water higher than your doors? [emoji849] Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  9. B

proud new owner of a one owner 04 Passat TDI

The button at the bottom of the stalk pressed once and release selects MFA 1 or 2. Pressing it and holding it for a couple of seconds resets the selected MFA. The toggle on the end of the stalk scrolls through the functions. If yours is like a lot of BHWs, the MFA may dim down from the top of...
  10. B

Oil catch cans

'Provent' offered a product years ago that I installed on our fairly new '05 BHW wagon. It froze up in the cold and caused a 'limp mode' issue that I'm not sure what it was. It came off shortly after I installed it. It sounded like a good idea at the time [emoji849] Sent from my XT1635-01 using...
  11. B

Timing belt Lifespan (miles)?

Uhh.. DEF is replaced when the tank gets low. It's consumable Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  12. B

What are your concerns about biodiesel? I believe IL still subsidizes the use of up to 20% bio, but that doesn't mean every supplier uses it. My '05 Passat BHW has been using the standard issue bio blend for 167k miles with no fuel related problems. I can tell by the color of the fuel/foam...
  13. B

Engine braking

Interesting, Thanks.. Now I'm wondering why Marty's inner joint boots fail more often than the originals.. :confused: He told me he uses the best boots he can find..
  14. B

Engine braking

Does anyone use the Tiptronic to downshift and use engine braking during stops? I started doing this around 50k miles and 4 years ago. It's very effective with the diesel engine. (higher compression?) Lately, I noticed noise and vibration that I discovered was the INNER CV joints, after the...
  15. B

Help Please.. EGR Readiness FAIL And MAF Specified Constant

The pic you posted looks just like mine, the couple times I removed it to clean it earlier in it's life.. It appears to me that the valve isn't working, based on the crud that looks unbroken. I've heard others say that you can 'observe the operation' on the VagCom, but in light of dieselgate...
  16. B

The "What did you do to your B5 passat today" thread...

I added coolant to mine... :( I think the water pump is leaking..
  17. B

How accurate are the mpg calculators?

My 'trip computer' reports roughly 2.4 mpg better mileage on a tank of fuel then the manual calculation, and has since new. Makes me wonder if it was programmed for different sized tires. When I bought it, the changeover from 15's to 16's had just taken place.
  18. B

Checking out a BEW, advice?

Might change your thread title. Looks like you have a BEW, looking at a BHW.. ;)
  19. B

Selling my 05 Passat TDI

Looks pretty clean. Interesting that it has markers on the fenders. Maybe they installed them during the 'rebuild'. Good luck.
  20. B

2004 Passat Deleted EGR now have MAF issue

I seriously doubt if these EGR's function without being strapped down during emissions testing. Did you observe it when you did the delete? They clog so badly with soot that it's pretty apparent that they are'n't operating. And they don't trigger a CEL when they're solidly clogged. I pulled...