Search results

1. slamhouse

I miss you guys

Been out of the club for a while since my new purchase(2007 audi q7 4.2l v8) and felt like saying hi. My power enhancement was going from the 130hp TDI to a 350hp V8 :) Unfortunately, i only get 16mpg and I miss my jetta incredibly. might buy another!
  2. slamhouse

over 200k miles all original :)

Still original dmf and clutch. Maybe the aggressive driving keeps the dmf fully cycling like it should? Original front brakes too! And pads are still above half life.
  3. slamhouse

Maybe the people with failures aren't driving their cars as hard as they should be!
  4. slamhouse

I should add that I drive the car very hard(tires break loose daily).
  5. slamhouse

I have a green diesel tune and I change my oil every 10k miles
  6. slamhouse

Cover is still tight, it just consumes oil consistently. I'm thinking turbo seals
  7. slamhouse

Over 200k miles on all the original equipment. Oil changes every 10k miles with liquimoly 5-40 and the only issue currently is oil consumption. This car has been nothing but reliable and dependable. This is a 2006 Betts tdi pd brm Thought this forum could use a positive post!
  8. slamhouse

feeler on a 2006 jetta tdi special edition

I've maintained it since I got it at 83000 miles. I don't log my services I do to it. I just do it and get it done(oil changes every 10k miles, timing belt every 100k miles, tires rotated, so on and so forth)
  9. slamhouse

04 audi a4 quatro and 05 passat pre part out offer

How much for rims and tires? And how much tread is left? I've curbed my rims and my tires are just at legal tread limit(almost bald) I'm trying to find good rims with good tires or good rims I can put new tires on.
  10. slamhouse

As I said, everything is original. No noise from the dmf, no clutch slipping. And no noise indicating a camshaft issue.
  11. slamhouse

2006 Jetta questions

Honestly, I went down this road wanting to get more power. But in the end, I just got a tune from green diesel and I'm content with 130whp and 50mpg. When you start asking for more you really need to open up the wallet. I'd say get an upgraded cam and an engine tune from whatever vendor you...
  12. slamhouse

Trying to get a ballpark figure on what you guys would pay for this girl and if it sounds about right, I might sell her. She's a 2006 jetta tdi special edition that just turned 200k miles. She is flawless in condition other than the drivers seat that has cracks in the leather. Everything is...
  13. slamhouse

To repair or replace an '06 BRM....

How am I at 194k miles with no issues then? And routinely getting 50mpg?
  14. slamhouse

To repair or replace an '06 BRM....

I'm sitting at 194k miles on the original everything. Including original front brakes. Only things I've changed are timing belts and oil and filters. I use liqui-moli 5-40w fully synthetic vw502.00 rated oil every 10-12k miles.
  15. slamhouse

Best RPM range for Fuel Economy?

Your best fuel economy will be achieved at your engines peak torque( somewhere around 2200rpm). This is where piston speed and fuel atomization/combustion is most efficient and getting maximum work for fuel burned.
  16. slamhouse

What's a bad front wheel bearing sound like?

Is it a wheel speed consistent noise?
  17. slamhouse

Jetta stutters slightly under load...

Sounds exactly like a fuel filter issue. The pumpe duse system recirculates fuel in the head and back to the fuel tank rather rapidly and and slightly clogged fuel filter can cause back pressure rather easily and limit fueling at part throttle mid range rpms causing a stutter and a decrease in...
  18. slamhouse

What's a bad front wheel bearing sound like?

A cv joint will either click or knock under acceleration or engine braking when loading the joint. A wheel bearing likes to sound like gravel in the bearing or a wheel speed dependant knocking under turning conditions when loading the bearing.
  19. slamhouse

Im Stumped

Sure, I'm sure we can figure it out. But keep in mind, the tdi was higher compression that the tfsi, so you will need to order piston return springs to aid with the lower compression while running on gas.
  20. slamhouse

Did I just get reamed with a wheel bearing?

Sounds like you made off fairly cheap on labor.