Search results

1. Diesel_rally

Tail light out

The amber tinted bulb in my 2004 Jetta is out, drivers side rear. It is the middle bulb. I replaced it but it still will not work however all of the other ones work fine. Any suggestions as to what it may be?
  2. Diesel_rally

Check Engine Light after fillup

Just to let everyone know the light eventually came back on so I went ahead with the MAF replacement this morning.
  3. Diesel_rally

jettawreck, actually after the dealer replaced the thermostat the light went off. I have driven about 300 miles so far and it has yet to come back on. I'll wait and see before I replace the MAF. The car runs great. (knock on wood)
  4. Diesel_rally

Looks like I need to replace the MAF. I had heard this was easy but does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do this? I also had the dealer replace the thermostat today because the CEL came on for low engine temp and airflow. Thanks for everyone's help with this !!!
  5. Diesel_rally

That's wierd because I called the dealer this morning and asked them about it and they said it is most likely because of the fuel cap. I even specified tdi and he confirmed it. I need an oil change soon anyway. If it's not off by then I will have them take a look at it. The car runs fine and...
  6. Diesel_rally

Just a quick question. After filling up, with diesel of course, I drove about 30 miles and I noticed the check engine light came on. I know in past cars and trucks that I had this happened because the attendant didn't tighten the gas cap good enough. Can this happen with tdi's?
  7. Diesel_rally

Newbie Mistake at the Fuel Station

I have heard different things about this. Some people say put the whole bottle in while some say less is better. I put the whole bottle in because thats what I read to do on the vdub website.
  8. Diesel_rally

Favorite 505.01 Oil?

Elf is pretty good
  9. Diesel_rally

What Oil is the best???

I have an 04 jetta and I never have to add oil. I've been using Elf every 10k and it's been working like a charm.
  10. Diesel_rally

Collection of VW Commercials

The people at VW sure know who to go to when it comes to marketing.
  11. Diesel_rally

Why American like TDI ?

plain & simple, TDI's rule
  12. Diesel_rally

Current pump prices

$2.65 in Hellertown, P.A. $2.49 in Lebanon, N.J.
  13. Diesel_rally

What oil do you use on your vehicle?

Elf for 04 PD
  14. Diesel_rally

things that work for increasing economy?

Me to. In 04 I traded in my 2001 Dodge Ram with a 360 in it for an 04 PD. I think I was getting 11 mpg at the time. I loved that truck.
  15. Diesel_rally

How much Stanadyne to a tank of fuel?

I do, I keep it in my trunk in the netted storage compartment next to 1 liter of oil. You don't have to and really why would you at 500 miles + per tank. The nice lady at Satnadyne kindly responded to my email regarding how much of thier product to use.
  16. Diesel_rally

How much Stanadyne to a tank of fuel?

Here is the reply direct from Stanadyne, "THANK YOU for your inquiry! Your confusion may be in the fact that the term “One Shot” only indicates the size of the bottle as 8 oz, and we have several products in the 8 oz bottle. The Performance Formula (blue label) 8 oz “One Shot” bottle treats...
  17. Diesel_rally

Dumb Newbie Question - Where to get fuel?

I have a question with venting. I have a 2004 Jetta and noticed that there is a tiny switch type nob about 3 or 4 inches down in the filler neck. If I push on it I can hear gases escaping and actually continue to add fuel. Would this be venting? I hope this isn't confusing
  18. Diesel_rally

Knock Knock. Diesel is how much ?

I pay $2.35 in NJ. Pa is a bit higher.