Search results

1. verbalnoncents

Remote not working

My 1st remote stopped working yrs ago and now the second remote doesnt work. The light comes on the remote but the doors dont unlock or lock or anything! Do I need to replace the remote? Is there anyway to replace just the part the does the signal to unlock the doors? The immobilizer chip in...
  2. verbalnoncents

2004 Jetta Sports Edition Greater Toronto Area $7500 Silver

2004 VW JETTA 1.9L TURBO DIESEL LUXURY SPORT EDITION 189 k kms 5 SPD. MANUAL TRANS.with A/C Silver on black cloth,A/C,ASR,ABS... Power windows,locks,mirrors,SUNROOF!.. Heated seats,mirrors,cruise control, 16" alloy wheels!Sport leather steering wheel! It needs a new remote. Neww front / rear...
  3. verbalnoncents

Belly Pan (Skid plate/sound baffle) keeps falling down

I have driven through some heavy snow storms north of toronto and hit some of the big ice chunks that fall off those big trucks. It knocked the skid plate down and ripped the two screws on the side right off. I have replaced the rear screws and square nut thing that it screws into but it keeps...
  4. verbalnoncents

My remote KEY FOB no longer working...

My key will no longer unlock doors or the trunk... I have changed the battery and I get the red light on the key the lights up when I push buttons but nothing happens. A couple of days ago when it started the key fob light was blinking continuously until I pressed a button. Any idea what the...
  5. verbalnoncents

Trouble with engine surge when pressing a little on gas

I recently had my Timing Belt changed and it seems ever since then when I am in 1st to 3rd and pushing on the gas just to keep the car going the engine and car surges forward quickly x 1/2 a second multiples times until I press on the gas. What do you think this is? I was thinking perhaps the...
  6. verbalnoncents

Alternator from 2004 BEW $125

I just replaced my alternator from my 2004 BEW... It is in excellent working condition. The only reason why I replaced it is because I couldn't get the pulley off so I bought a new one just in case when I took the alternator out of the car I would have an alternative. So I did get the pulley off...
  7. verbalnoncents

Alternator from 2004 BEW $125

I just replaced my alternator from my 2004 BEW... It is in excellent working condition. The only reason why I replaced it is because I couldn't get the pulley off so I bought a new one just in case when I took the alternator out of the car I would have an alternative. So I did get the pulley off...
  8. verbalnoncents

Need help replacing alternator clutch pulley...

I had my car in at an independent shop and he said he had trouble removing the pulley. He said he's going to have to take the alternator off and try it that way. Does anyone here have the spline tool to turn the pulley off the shaft. Is anyone around the GTA able to help me with removing the...
  9. verbalnoncents

Timing belt change - alternator pulley problem

Timing belt change - clutch pulley for alternator problem I am getting my TB changed and the independent shop says that they are having troubles with removing the clutch pulley for the alternator because the bolt is rusted and is stripped. They say they may have to replace the alternator if...
  10. verbalnoncents

Timing Belt Change Newmarket (or GTA)... where to go?

I need to do my TB change as I am now at 150k kms. Does anyone know of any reputable places to do this in the Greater Toronto Area or newmarket area? How much should the labour / parts cost?
  11. verbalnoncents

JD Power rates VW second from the bottom of list

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2009043 JD power rates VW 2nd last (only ahead of Suzuki) When it comes to vehicle reliability. "The study, which measures problems experienced by original owners of three-year-old (2006 model year) vehicles, has been redesigned...
  12. verbalnoncents

Clunking sound when turning

My 04 Jetta has 135 000kms on it and has recently started making a really funny clunking sound when turning the wheel left or right. Doesn't matter if I'm stopped or moving... Any ideas? I checked steering fluid and level is good... (but I haven't flushed or changed it ever bc I've read mixed...
  13. verbalnoncents

Headlight drowning in water/fog

My 04 Jetta's front headlight has recently started to fill up with water and get lots of condensation on the plastic so you can't even see the light. Any clues about what might be causing this? I have checked the seals for electrical wires going in and they seem to be good. Is there any way to...
  14. verbalnoncents

'04 Jetta TDI Sports edition GTA - Ontario

I have a 2004 Fully loaded sports edition (Silver,sport suspension, alloy rims, sport bucket seats and sport cloth, sun roof, ESP, curtain air bags, heated seats etc...)5 spd manual. Please email me here if you are interested. There are 109 000 kilometers on the car. Minor scratches on front/...
  15. verbalnoncents

weird sound when accelerating in 1, 2, 3rd gear

Hi folks, I have had a weird problem the last week and its getting worse. When accelerating from 2-3500 rpms in 1st, 2nd and 3rd there is a weird noise that I have never heard before. Does anyone know what this might be? Jeff
  16. verbalnoncents

Trunk won't open!!

Today I went to open my trunk and it won't open. I tried the remote, manual key hole and even the emergency latch on the inside. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on and how to open my trunk? I'm not sure what has caused this but I did have to stop very rapidly on the highway...
  17. verbalnoncents

Warranty almost up... what should I check?

Merry Christmas season to everyone! My limited new vehicle limit is almost up (runs out at 80k or 4 yrs) and I need to know what I should have checked out that might be worn out or broken so it can be covered by warranty. Any ideas? in addition I had a transient episode last night where my...
  18. verbalnoncents

Lug's stuck

Hello Everyone I have a somewhat stupid question... I haven't been very much involved with maintaining my car and am just starting to do so now. I am trying to change my winter tires to my summer ones but I can't for the life of me get the darn lug nuts off. I took it to CrappyTire to have them...
  19. verbalnoncents

Mysterious Electronics trouble...

Hello Everyone I am experiencing some weird sporadic electronic problems with my car. Here are the problems... Sporadically when i signal to go right the light will ticker and light will blink at a rapid pace and this tends to happen when I am accelerating or decel (5 spd). It was doing this...
  20. verbalnoncents

Car Break in ~ Toronto Alarm didn't go off?

What a way t o start a week. My car was broken into last night. It looks as though the theifs used a screw driver or something to wreak havoc on the drivers lock to get inthe car.Then they used something to pry open the lockout box for the trunk (I had it locked as well as the back seats locked...