Search results

1. R

Glow plugs 101 ***Ver. 2.0***

I don't think so. Each should be a power sourse that can be independently monitored (gp lights) so I wouldn't think so. I didn't go through the wiring diagrams though. What do you find?
  2. R

Maf 101

I don't know much about PD's, but..... that doesn't stop me from guessing. Specified MAF is what the computer wants to see. 850 used to be the max, so it's asking for maximum flow and not getting it upon a cold start. On the earlier engines, the timing would change based on fuel temp. Does...
  3. R

Warm weather hard start

Please note that the 98's and 99's had an issue with the programming in the ecu which made first starts in warmer weather difficult. My neighbor solved his hard start with a newer ecu.
  4. R

Jetta won't go above 20mph

Could the vacuum lines be crossed on the N75?
  5. R

2000 A4 cluster lights not working

The aftermarket switch came with the car. So far, so good. I can't figure where else we'd have the various components of the circuits coming together. Ignition switch maybe? I'm hopeful this fixes it. Wish I had thought of it sooner.
  6. R

I just tried to take apart the switch, and couldn't get the two sections to separate. It is an aftermarket "Euroswitch" with no VW marks. It's replaced, and I'm hopeful.
  7. R

To hopefully bring a conclusion to this thread... I replace the light switch today. So far, it seems to have worked. I'll be back if it's just another temporary "fix".
  8. R

Have CEL glow plug 01050? I've got a fix and I like it!

I just left after 11. Still have an A4, but the B4 has a better home now (I hope).
  9. R

Glow plugs 101 ***Ver. 2.0***

Idle speed should be 903. You can drive forever with a glow plug light on. However, get your ohm meter and ohm the four out. They should all be less than 1 ohm and close together with respect to the readings. Any big deviation means you likely found the cause of the light. If they all check...
  10. R

Strange high speed power issue

Check for codes. They might help. Codes seldom go away even if the light stop coming on. Could be intake restriction? Fuel restriction. When were the filters changed?
  11. R

97 B4 sedan

97 B4 sedan - Sold For valuation issues with insurance co's, sold for $4,000 183K. Car needs loving home with individual who knows or will learn about this vehicle. Not a “fuel and drive” type of vehicle. A little knowledge and mechanical ability will make this car an affordable and...
  12. left rear

left rear

Left rear of Passat
  13. right rear

right rear

Right rear of Passat
  14. right side

right side

right side of Passat
  15. left side

left side

Left front of Passat
  16. passat sale photos

passat sale photos

seat issues
  17. passat sale photos

passat sale photos

odometer
  18. R

Screwed up a timing belt; how bad is it?

Did the timing slip after you turned it over? Did the cam/crank/ip still line up? If so, there may be no damage. If they did slip, then follow the suggestions above.
  19. R

No start 1998 Tdi jetta

How much does it drop when trying to engage the starter? Less than 10v?
  20. R

loss of power

In 2002 we had VNT's here. The injection pump is basically the same between the wastegated vehicles and the VNT turbos. But the VNT works on vacuum - it's controlled by the vacuum, and if it's not working, the VNT is closed, keeping the turbo from working. However, on the VNT we have the...